Review On Confinement products

My previous confinement experiences usually with one brand serves for all purposes. But this time, I thought of buying loose items which was kinda tedious to go for shopping but the satisfaction of using every of them during your recovery is more important. Whether it is true or not, have you ever buy a whole set bersalin and one or two items would be left untouched?

Membazirkan?
Ignore the books, the products as seen as in the picture.

* Nota ini dibuat bertujuan sekiranya penulis mengandung semula, senang nak rujuk barang apa, harga berapa. Especially yg budget conscious macam saya.

Massage Oil

One of the must have item for every new mother. Previous confinement someone recommend me to have Minyak Herbanika Nona Roguy due to its heavenly smell and effectiveness to combat tension muscle. Price as at the moment is RM68.00 per bottle. Kinda expensive but it is the best compared to the rest. 



For this time, I have another hot oil to compare, Herbal Massage Oil from Tanamera. Price per bottle is RM33.00. 


Verdict?

Both are having same heavenly smells however Tanamera's Herbal Oil is more subtle. sesuai dipakai di pejabat during pregnancy time. Kinda aroma therapy to me to soothe my headache, but not really on my tired legs and cramps. So I have two massage oils for different stage of this whole thing. Nona Roguy's during confinement (post pregnancy) because it has significant heat on me and the other one is just in case i do not want to smell so traditional spa mode especially going out or be in the office, this is just nice. For me.

Both are winners.

Jamu Versus Health Supplement

There are many views for new mothers to either have jamu supplement or modern health ones due to breastfeeding factor. Some said jamu is not recommended for mother who breastfeed since the heat of jamu effect and its content can be passed to the baby's milk and suddenly the babies might get diarrhea. 

As aware, the reason of taking jamu are known for healing the internal wound or scar of the mother's womb, promotes good blood circulation, eliminates post natal fatigue and baby fat can be disappear so fast. However, to some people taking them right from the labour can be tricky due to breastfeeding process. As for me, since I have the option to take it straight since Zahirah is no longer there, I was having this thought, why not trying the modern supplement first and have jamu later to lose the fat. And my macik tukang urut recommend me to try this technique for fast healing of my body rather to lose weight immediately,

So, i was searching for any modern supplement until i came across the brand named Shaklee. I bought the confinement package (consist three or four type of supplements, cost about RM250) and in between, if these items are not taken for a particular day, I popped some left-over jamu in the house.

Verdict?

I can tell that my method really works. Not only I feel energetic for the first two weeks (of course la, i did not have sleepless night of awaken babies) but mood swing was barely there to strike, unlike my previous experience.

Surprisingly my hair condition too, was good. No hair lost at all, and same goes to my skin, the condition remain supple as what I had prior to the birth. In actual, the nutrient in the health supplement did the magic work of helping to stable the hormone change compared if I take jamu. Yup it is proven that taking health supplement is better for its work, and of course to flush out the toxin from the body needs you to drink a lot of plain water. For those who feel easily bloated, just think of those falling hair and dry skin. hahahahah.

Another plus point despite its pricey tag, think about the continuity of having the supplement even after you finish your confinement. A good investment rather to switch product to another one which leave you with left overs. Unless if you want to pass it to other person, no prob la kan.

I will stick to this method in this future. 

Other products

Since buying loose items is kinda tedious, I will just make a quick notes on the following:

Scrubs/Cleaning Soap

I had two kind of item which were Tanamera's Brown Formulation Soap (RM34) and Marine Essence Soap (RM25). Both serve the same function of helping to scrub away dead skin (as aware, pregnant mother usually with darken spot at certain body parts). 




Verdict?

Marine Essence works better. Reason? The smell is so good and refreshing. Brown Formulation can be a little bit rough on the skin, and the muddy smell does not help to lift up my mood during shower, really a let down. For Marine Essence, it helps to make your skin feel a little bit tighten, not due to the alkaline but the ingredient especially the marine collagen. As aware new mother always feel their skin lose the elasticity after giving birth which another point to trigger depression, so this helps to make your skin remains as it is.

May continue to buy this soap in future. Even it is good for my daughter. 

Pilis/Param


Again, I will just buy loose items from Air Mancur brand (RM6-7 for 3 packet each). Used to grow up smelling this during my mother's time. The smell can be a little bit strong but what the heck, you are wearing it at home and nobody dare to bother kan?

Well most importantly the function of pilis and param definitely for helping you to feel better especially when headache come and you cannot simply swallow the painkillers right?

Other more items?

Heat cream or krim sapu panas. No elaboration. Please refer to iklan Terlajak Laris. LOL....


Overall, those stuff that I used during confinement may not be as good as to other future mothers, but by giving some ideas it may helps especially for the first timers. On the other hand, I am not against those confinement set available in the market, it is just that some of them might have one or two winner item in the package and the rest are just so and so.

Anyhow, I am open to any product recommended by any friends. Feel free to drop comments or share your experience, so everyone have some ideas before their big day.

Till then, enjoy the weekend. :)

Comments

Popular Posts