Possibilities

It was a long discussion last night on the possibility for hubby to bring the 1st wife here for a short stay, in our own house.

How do I feel?

Great!

When i signed up for this package, it was mutually agreed that certain conditions like what my great ancestors (they are the real example of poligamy practitioners -  1 great grand ma and 3 great grand aunties, different states, dialect, etc) had during their term, may occur to me as well.

It was fine for some great aunts visiting my great grandma who hails from Melaka, with their kids in tow, but in this case it will be so totally different.  We are two different women, fitting in our world in own ways to make a living. We speak different languages, we treat our husband and families differently and the way we do things are contradicting each other. Unfortunately, we love the same person.

Well,  seeing a Kareena Kapoor look alike in my own house, re-acting some Bollywood scene with Hub may trigger some jealousy. I feel inadequate. Totally useless. That is another point. Low self esteem kinda. ha ha ha ha.

I could remember my own Melaka granny mentioned once, that when she was small, great grand dad would bring the kids from the other wife who hails from Kelantan during the school hols. Fast forward the years, when one of her sister's husband passed away, the sister came to live with my granny in Melaka,  with her kids, until she decide to remarry and leave my granny again. It was heartbreaking cause granny had this closed relationship with the sister's kids.

To cut the story short, every time i got to be in Tanah Merah, Kelantan this auntie (my mother's cousin) would be so happy to see me . Later i found out that she established this closed bond with my own granny. No wonder.

That is the good part of how networking between the wives may benefit the kids. I dunno how much it benefits the wives themselves but of course those story is closed behind the door. 

So I am still  with option, to be in the same roof or rent another place, just for the two of them, their small kids, trying to fit in. 

I don't want them to have this impression that my openness with hub on certain matters will make my hub seems to be as a weaker partner. 

The only reason I can say to hub that every time i may go to 2-3 months special courses in overseas like WTO courses, my madu's presence is much welcomed to Malaysia. Ahahahaha.

Sounds very diplomatic , isn't it? aha aha ha.

Comments

Popular Posts