Nomad
Nomad.
Satu perkataan tidak asing dan mungkin selepas ini akan ada kekerapan bertukar tempat kerja atau tempat tinggal.
I was having conversation with NK on the possibility to go somewhere out of Malaysia. Kata orang melayu, "Tukar Angin" atau "Tukar Haluan".
NK was expressing that Australia is a good place to settle down. I have no objection but of course, in many countries, why Aussie? Why not some cheaper place where travel among these continents will be a little bit easier. Prior to our private talk, his friend, Gulam, our house mover has succeeded with his crossing from Indonesia water to Darwin, Australia . Now Gulam is happy to settle somewhere working in a wheat farm and makes a tonne of money to be sent to Pakistan. If he is caught, he will be enlisted for this refugee programme by UNCHR and wil be released. Whoa, senang wei, aku pun mau tapi Malaysia ni negara penuh ancaman dan penindasan ker? and NK is try to emulate this success stories to his own. Haiya.
Then we realised how many places we have been, Malaysia still is the best place to begin with. Obvious reason of course, is the halal food and items and the freedom to practise Islam in moderate, tolerable ways.
But the politics scene and some floppy policies especially you know, it is hard to discuss here, sometimes has taken our toll to believe in again and our perception whether it is going to change or not. I am not relating to My name is Khan the movie but there are many foreigners being whacked and robbed especially the Pakistani people. It is sad to know that some of these beating was merely done for the sake expressing anger of recent GE thingy. The Bangla-sia matter.
Malaysia, as what we have known today is lacing with many issues.
Back to the story. We both tried to list down of pro's and con's and to see whether it is worth to go somewhere and make a living. I am all in. The priority should be within Asian continent. For me, whether this government job will be a major deciding factor but I will be having some back up plans later if our plan does not work accordingly.
You know it is good to go somewhere when making a living for some place means you have no time to see each other. What is the point? NK is going to his golden jubilee and my eggs are perhaps with some defects. I lost count on how many sticks I have daily but that is another story.
Hopefully the answer will come and we are ready to face the changes.
** Me ** How I wish we were the Cullens. Tonnes of money, travel endlessly, stylish and settled in secluded area of pines forest. Nobody cares!
Comments
Post a Comment