Motivated

I got to see one of the PPKs in my gym place and we had great time chatting. Eversince DPA, it was two years not to see these people and surprisingly, was a good time to update each other. He is no longer with the unit. And of course, it was time gossiping here and there.
I just realised how time flies, and the promotion was due too long. I mean, after confirmation and those tarikh pencen, what else? what keeps young PTD officers motivated?
The thirst of new knowledge? New skills? Hmm... for the past months, the only way to get motivated was to be able to get things done correctly with minimum supervision and less hassle. Then I was burnt out. I had no idea how to make my office days livelier after my KPSU has been transfered somewhere else.
But yesterday was an exceptional day. I mean, there was a man who came to my office asking for some help. An army private with his salary after being deducted, would leave him with RM10 monthly. Oh my, the miserable look of his face reminds me that some people out there who fight for the country day by day has been living in poverty. And the sore problems of abandoned housing projects is an endless one.
We sit down and look for a solution and happened that he was lucky that the loan from Bahagian Pinjaman was not fully released to the stupid developer. After some calculations based on the amount released, if the interest was waived for the repayment part, he will be having RM500 monthly. When I received a text message from this guy telling me his application to waive the interest has been successful right on the same day, I was so happy for this guy. He definitely needs money to buy stuff for the upcoming Kursus Naik Pangkat and will be nice if he is promoted.
The reason for me to tell you this is not to brag how good it was, but to remind how some people are ladden with problems that might not be so appealing to some people and we sometimes forget how lucky we are. To be able to put a smile on a people's face after the problems solved especially when it comes to rice bowl matters reminded me that I need to help people more as a way to keep me motivated.
Perhaps there is a hikmah if I do not get transfered to somewhere else. I should wait and see. Now I am focusing on my weight loss programme, and it is a part to get myself motivated to work. Yeah, I have lost 2kg this week and another 15 kg to go :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts