Current Love Affair




I always detest riding a scooter bike due to

i) electric stater problem
ii) the handle is tight, cornering a bit wobbly for me

iii) maintenance cost is high

It must be long-long time ago when I took my ex bf V125 (newly launched) to India Street, in Penang for some spice shopping when things were out of stock in his Road House Grill, Gurney back in 2000. Deym, it was embarassing to fill in the petrol with help of the pump attendant. Macam jakun!

Now I guess the technology has improved tremendously and I have no regret borrowing my brother's second hand bike Naza GTR 150 today.





My brother got this from his JPA scholar, deym!


Here is my point of view after a quite distance of journey. Rawang - Kota Damansara - Kepong - Templer Park - Rawang, with highway and normal trunk route, flat surface and hilly slope (memang pulun merempit kaw-kawa sebab satu hari jer aku diberikan motor ni). I will elaborate this later.


My point of view -

Pick up - memang best. during the traffic light stop, it was fast enough to leave other bikers behind or because they never see a woman riding this kind of bike ehehehhe.


Handling - OKlah, a bit tight for me but I have to master the cornering part. as usual I would slow down or I would fall. Bear in mind, the weight was another downside factor (it is heavier than RXZ ok!) and I got some tough time to reverse the bike in the parking lot, memang muscle naik lar lengan aku. Guess the weight is for the stability part when it speeds.

Speed - Part paling menarik. Bro said his top speed was 162km/h but mine today was only 155km/h regardless the Ops Sikap which is now still around . Cannot go faster coz at 140km/h, the bike start vibrate and the noise was a bit unbearable. When it start to gegar, definitely it started to wobble, tayar agak gelong so I never had the gut to increase the speed lar. I tried to push the accelarator throttle to the max sometimes, and it was started to "semput". A bit upset but again, as the new rider, I have to master the technique to ride scooter bike for top perfomance later.

On the flat surface, it was good that I manage to potong some car in the most inner lane in NKVE, but when it comes to hilly area, using that Templer Park road, the bike however kalah dengan satu RXZ biru. Mamat tu mesti bangga kan?


Disc brake - since the bike was 2nd hand, the first owner has modified the disc brake, upgrade it Minerva , so I was told to better handle it lar kan. Yeah, I had tough time when it comes to disc brake. But surprisingly this disc brake claimed by my bro ala-ala disc brake kereta did not give problems at all. Now I had the gut to ride any super bike after this hahahahahahha.

Absorber - Memang best. semua bumper diredah ala-ala motor cross pose.


Height - Since it is having high gravity center compared to LC though front and rear tyre a little bit smaller, the first thought was "abisla kalau x balance masa redah jam, but surprisingly I manage to menyelit between cars at the traffic light stop without much that balancing effort. Macam kena beli for office commuting ni? hahahahahah

Exterior - This is one of the interesting parts Not so many people aware this GTR model sebab banyak model kapcai like LC or other skuter comel-comel around, so the comments and the stares I got from people at the Curve and the other places, were, "cantik motor adik? Motor apa ni? ahahahhahaha. Almost kena mengurat dengan satu pacik di FRIM Kepong, sebab dia dari mula I park the bike, entered the shop and went out, he still waited for me and started to ask,

"wah cantik ar motor adik. adik ni memang dok dalam FRIM ker?" Apakah?

ahhahahahahahah. I asked my bro to change the fairing ala-ala superbike front cover. Kalau la ada! Pasti Mengancam.

Overall - sapa sangka skuter ni memang stylish. In highway people thought it is a superbike but it was not. Suitable for someone who lazy to change gear. For those who never ride a scooter, ala-ala bawak keta auto jer. pulas minyak, beres. janji ko tak calarkan keta-keta orang ye tak?

I gave 4 out of 5, more to pick up factor and the stylish exterior.

I only buy when the 250 model come out later, alang-alang maxkan lesen B2 aku ni kan?

Comments

  1. owh aku sgt teruja!! tapi akan ada ke model 250cc punya? bagi aku 150cc tu dah ok pun... cuma xleh merempit je la :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. dengar cita Naza akan kuarkan 200cc dulu (tengah test protype), then 250 cc tu perancangan akan datang. i think they should come out bigger engine capacity, the body weigh can support it for stability. think bout the autocruiser DN1000 from Honda, though they have better technology, why not?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts