Cruising Time
Decided to pay a visit to any area with beach and sea water.
How I love to drive any places belakang rumah , those Kuala Selangor area (Ijok, Bestari Jaya, Sabak Bernam, Tanjung Karang) and Teluk Intan for its Menara Condong. It was peaceful driving in 60-80km/hour mode and the scenery was beautiful. From a small winding road with shady trees in Batu Arang, yes my residential area has this "jalan kampung" connecting to this place which also lead to Simpang Tiga Ijok, all within 10 minutes, I discovered Selangor still has its charm with oil palm plantation, rubber trees, kampung houses with coconut trees, paddy field and fruit orchard.
The road system is superb. Not many cars on the road and I could cruise at ease, unlike my normal mode for highway. On the way to Sabak Bernam, there were many stalls selling mangga madu, jambu mawar and lemang stuf. Definitely it will be a repeated journey in the future. Along the way, we found some homestay, small towns with petrol station, shops and it was all well developed.
Travelling with a child also reminded me how my father used to bring us "jalan-jalan" in his Alfa and told us interesting bits of the place's history. I took Fatiha to visit Menara Condong in Teluk Intan and she was happy to climb the narrow wooden stairs and kept asking me why the Menara was condong in the first place. We had murukku while climbing due to that day happened to be Deepavali. Then we decided to continue the journey to Lumut, 60km further to the west direction and she had fun in Teluk Batik.
Visiting Teluk Batik reminded me to the road we took for our camping trip during OBS. That hilly road which I had trouble running with my friend and how I loathed myself not to push myself harder. I told Fatiha how far it was to paddle with some people in a small boat to the direction of some small island. She seemed to believe the story how I told her by pointing towards some balmy looking island faraway.
The only thing she asked, "Kenapa mama tak naik kayak balik? kan mama suka ?"
Yes, I have given up so many things I like after so many years. I am now with so many responsibilities but my freedom permits me to do whatever I want except that I need to leave my child behind for certain reason. Growing old is not an option, but I had good time and I wish Fatiha can grow faster and we can do adult stuff later. A forty year old with a teenager paddling in kayak? Geez, it is a bit weird, but I might try. Snorkelling is not a problem for both of us. Scuba may takes some years for her, and I want to do that before she turns up into someone I might hardly recognise a.k.a stranger.
For the time being, what we need is a real vacation. Somewhere far like Sabah or Sarawak with good sea and water? I know I could not afford to bring her to Hawaii as requested before; how come she know where is Hawaii in the first place but I am glad that both of us share the same passion.
It make a huge difference to what I have now with my own mother. I wish that we are closer. And many trips with Fatiha in the future.
Age is just a number, Jay. when i have son, i will do the same things. took him cruising, kayaking, whaler (?), hiking, and all the other outdoor stuff i can think of.
ReplyDeletebut of course, no scuba diving. :D