some tips

I dedicate this one to any friends (woman especially) who might want to consider what is good or not if suddenly men, by all means, come to them and offering their friendship.

Anyhow, I am not an expert, but what happened to a friend of mine being conned and cheated by a man recently is something I could not accept.

Here it goes;

The riskiest place to get cheated: Internet. Most desperate, dangerous guy will force you to meet them somewhere as fast as they want, so please do not accept the invitation.

Case I : I got this guy who claimed that he works in KLCC. He asked me via text/email for couples of time for a drink but I said no.

Things to do
I traced the owner's handphone number (thanks to my friends who work in major telco companies). Compared the fact and the stuff he told me in all the conversation.
Fortunately, most of the stuff tally with the fact.

What I have got to know before all the comparison;
He works as a Personal Assistant to Director of this Public Listed company.
(I called the office number, the most dialed number from his bills (my friends gave me) pretending that I have some business to do. Luckily, the company he works in is a housing developer. Along the way, I will ask the receptionist the designation of his work. Prior joining the company, he used to work as an Admin Officer in this Production House in Midvalley. He is single, and believe to be in a relationship.

Huh, so many things to know right?

Again, I decline any invitation from this guy since I was still skeptical with his real intention.

Second thing is to know his other liking or history, like school or universities.

Happened this guy is Budak VI. The years he was in this school was a good point. I asked who was the principal back then? Yes, he mentioned the correct one.

My ex-principal, Puan Robeahtun was transfered to VI in 1993 and this guy went to the school until 1994. To make things better, I even asked what is the principal's daughter name? again, he got the fact correct.

So, after some few conversations, I decided to go out with a friend of mine for a drink in KLCC.

It was a good start to know that this guy also used to be a brass band member. So a lot of things to talk besides knowing each other better.

Other important thing:

Never ever reveal your real occupation, your membership with any organization even your company name. Create a profile, a character.

My usual "job" used to be "tea lady", kerani sambilan, the lower the job rank will make the other one easier to prey on you. So, when this people try to impress you with so many doubtful facts, it is easier for you to chuck this guy away. Revealing what you do for a living open so many possibilities that the guy wants to know how much do you earn, which is a minus point later.

Never tell that you have a car or transport. If the guy still insist to pick you in his car, please decline. If he insist, say no.

If you decide to see this guy in person, please bring your trusted friend. Do not mention that you are bringing a friend as the first look at his face tells you a lot of everything.

And please make sure that the meeting place is accessible to public transport, surround with people for just in case something bad happen, you are not alone.


My bad experience:

I used to meet this guy in the beach area, when he picked me from home. After some argument, he left me at the beach area. No cab at night during those time and luckily my friend came to pick me back.

Comments

Popular Posts