SBP/Cluster School Wind Orchestra Competition
I love being with a younger crowd. That kind of feelings when meeting some old time friends and teachers was a lovely start.
Held in PICC yesterday, it was overloaded with people and I doubt for next year, "cukup ker ni?"
All for the love of school and being one of the brass band team mates and never have that opportunity to join wind orchestra (it was established one year after i left the school), I think this is an awesome event.
OK, lets go to the commentary part though I had to leave after 5 school performing when there were 8.
MCKK - the number of member was a bit small. Playing The Pirate of Caribbean was like a James Bond Theme, but it was good with dark kind of mood.
STAR - I loves this one. Medley of old Malay songs, good arrangement when slow and fast numbers blended well. It was like a piece of musical or movie arrangement.
TKC - Disney festival. The Snow White theme, Mary Poppins. I am proud to say the brass section played tremendously well and they almost conquered the most numbers (being in baritone section, aku sangat bangga). As usual, the sax soloist also made a good point (perhaps score some extra point here) but the trumpet soloist went shaky a bit in the end and the cymbal need to see more in the timing part. Overall the closing was sharp.
And the winner goes to TKC. yehaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the first time we emerged as the champion. go kurshian!
Held in PICC yesterday, it was overloaded with people and I doubt for next year, "cukup ker ni?"
All for the love of school and being one of the brass band team mates and never have that opportunity to join wind orchestra (it was established one year after i left the school), I think this is an awesome event.
OK, lets go to the commentary part though I had to leave after 5 school performing when there were 8.
MCKK - the number of member was a bit small. Playing The Pirate of Caribbean was like a James Bond Theme, but it was good with dark kind of mood.
STAR - I loves this one. Medley of old Malay songs, good arrangement when slow and fast numbers blended well. It was like a piece of musical or movie arrangement.
TKC - Disney festival. The Snow White theme, Mary Poppins. I am proud to say the brass section played tremendously well and they almost conquered the most numbers (being in baritone section, aku sangat bangga). As usual, the sax soloist also made a good point (perhaps score some extra point here) but the trumpet soloist went shaky a bit in the end and the cymbal need to see more in the timing part. Overall the closing was sharp.
And the winner goes to TKC. yehaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the first time we emerged as the champion. go kurshian!
Comments
Post a Comment