Relay for Life

It was an unplanned event to attend but what the heck, I totally love the idea to jog for hours in the stadium for a cause - support the national cancer society.

After all, losing those calories and sweat and makes some new friends does not cost a bomb pun.

Knowing I might be one of the survivors, mingling with some of cancer patient gave me some ideas and insight to deal with the reality.

One of my ex colleague was diagnosed with brain tumor (stage 4) after a visit to the dentist. Unfortunately, the cancer also went to his lung, his bone and a few places, spreading like a wild fire but he keeps on to survive with chemo treatment.

Now i called him truly a survivor. Talking to him about accepting the not so good news, how to continue living as a cancer patient and whatever preparation like insurance coverage, medication and hospitalization and most importantly going to work after treatment was a priceless piece of information.

Life is fragile. And I never know until when I can do my own self check up, and when the reality hit, guess I have to deal with it anyhow.

Comments

  1. surviving solo camping in the jungle is also truly survivor ok? hahahahah i am still traumatised by the idea =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhahaha, you are right. solo camping can be scary when it comes to night time.

    luckily my tent is next to this waterfall. makan nasi lauk sardin panas panas sambil merendam badan dalam air yang sejuk can be so zen-like experience!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts