Happy Mother's Day
I am wishing all mothers out there, "Selamat Hari Ibu".
It isn't a well-paid job (in term of money), but a life time commitment with blood, sweat and tears throughout the years.
Being one, I think i did a pretty good job but a lot of room to improve, hahahahha.
But not as great as my great-great-grand mothers & mother, who achieved more in their life.
Not like my late great-great grandma who hailed from Tanah Sumatera, married a foreign trader and bravely ventured into the new world of Malaya. Truly romantic.
Mot like my late great-grandmother who single handedly worked herself for Tanah Rancangan Programme and now its worth a million?
Not like my grandmother who is a great cook. Also an old version of Bree (the desperate housewives)who appreciate perfection and precision. An avid learner of languages though she never goes to school.
Not like my mother who went back to school from diploma to her masters after the failure.
I guess my Minang root is stronger than whatever comes in my blood. The women who lead the family while the husbands are either away, died or in whatever circumstances.
Proud to be one. I am improving.
It isn't a well-paid job (in term of money), but a life time commitment with blood, sweat and tears throughout the years.
Being one, I think i did a pretty good job but a lot of room to improve, hahahahha.
But not as great as my great-great-grand mothers & mother, who achieved more in their life.
Not like my late great-great grandma who hailed from Tanah Sumatera, married a foreign trader and bravely ventured into the new world of Malaya. Truly romantic.
Mot like my late great-grandmother who single handedly worked herself for Tanah Rancangan Programme and now its worth a million?
Not like my grandmother who is a great cook. Also an old version of Bree (the desperate housewives)who appreciate perfection and precision. An avid learner of languages though she never goes to school.
Not like my mother who went back to school from diploma to her masters after the failure.
I guess my Minang root is stronger than whatever comes in my blood. The women who lead the family while the husbands are either away, died or in whatever circumstances.
Proud to be one. I am improving.
la.. kau ni orang Minang ye? boleh la join aku makan pedas!
ReplyDeleteno prob. ko pun minang ko?
ReplyDelete