Naik Hantu
I did not understand why I was so pissed off with a bunch of buyers picketing outside our ministry, blaming all the kementerian.
One thing for sure, the project was a commercial development and it is not even covered under our Housing Act. Does not make any sense pun since it was Kedai Pejabat. We tried to arrange so many meetings prior to this event due to our No-Wrong-Door Policy and we wanted to accomodate any possible solution. However, these people kept on pushing us to the limit.
When this ah so and ah beng kecoh-kecoh, I was called to meredakan keadaan when I was busy presenting my paper for the task force chaired by the Number 1 Boss. Presenting paper to your top bosses is not that hard, but convincing the fact in the paper was like swimming against the current.
Since the picket was getting worse, I had no choice but to stop my presentation and went downstairs to see what was going on. While these people melaungkan sepanduk, I tapped one of the buyer's shoulder for a peaceful negotiation to another meeting venue. Berani lar kan sebab dah pegi Kawad PORU.
Hard to admit that Shanker and I were the officer in-charge to conduct all this fussy buyers right before our DPA course. Then the project was handled by other officers and after the restructuring thingy, it was unattended until these bunch of people came to picket.
The negotiation was OK until the buyer's president started to annoy us with all the blame and accusation.
While my ex-boss and I tried to listen and gave some solution for the possible meeting date, this ah beng with no respect kept on babbling nonsensely, so loud and so rude. 4 people raising up their voices in front of my boss and I was so tense . It was totally barbaric and uncivilised for these people shouting at us, as if we were doomed to be their servant forever. Please lar, we had our share of problems for other chronic cases, especially when the licensed house buyers are in the top priority for us to handle.
Since things getting out of hand, I had no choice but to scream and pointing my sore thumb to this fella,
" Hey u shut up. Listen to what my boss trying to say!"
Everybody was shocked to see my sudden reaction. Frankly, at that point of time I almost wanted to jump and punch this guy. Shanker already held my arm, and I could see my ex-boss white face.
My god, I created such a scene today. A hot-blooded sleep deprived lady officer was about to punch the first buyer in history.
Thinking that my impulse behaviour can jeopardise the kementerian image, I went to another place to cool down. Then I came to apologise caused it was too much for an officer to shout to the public. I regret over the incident as I could not tolerate rude people and failed to make these people see the actual point.
Well, I learnt something today.
If we are so kind to people who never want to listen, it is better to be cruel to be kind. It is better to kill the anjing tersepit rather to be bitten by these mad dogs. We should, in the first place, ignore these people, but since it was an order to entertain them, we had no choice but to obey!
While these people made such a bad investment by buying commercial lot situated in really really remote area of Bukit Beruntung and it was abandoned by the commercial developer (even if it is ready for rental purpose, nobody wanted to be there) do not blame Kementerian for your unwise decision!
It is like blaming the authority if you commit an accident and do not possess a valid driving license. Or blaming the Bursa Saham after you have lost the money after investing in bad stock/shares.
Maybe la kerana attitude tak bersyukur dan suka menyakitkan hati orang yang telah menolong separuh jalan, Tuhan tidak membantu kalian semua. Sebab itu, anda melalak macam anjing dan tidak ada yang peduli.
Sorry to tell you this, but I think I failed to become a good officer. In other word, I have failed everything. Maybe after this, I should just have some good vacation or take the anger management class.
Really bad day for me.....totally sucks!
One thing for sure, the project was a commercial development and it is not even covered under our Housing Act. Does not make any sense pun since it was Kedai Pejabat. We tried to arrange so many meetings prior to this event due to our No-Wrong-Door Policy and we wanted to accomodate any possible solution. However, these people kept on pushing us to the limit.
When this ah so and ah beng kecoh-kecoh, I was called to meredakan keadaan when I was busy presenting my paper for the task force chaired by the Number 1 Boss. Presenting paper to your top bosses is not that hard, but convincing the fact in the paper was like swimming against the current.
Since the picket was getting worse, I had no choice but to stop my presentation and went downstairs to see what was going on. While these people melaungkan sepanduk, I tapped one of the buyer's shoulder for a peaceful negotiation to another meeting venue. Berani lar kan sebab dah pegi Kawad PORU.
Hard to admit that Shanker and I were the officer in-charge to conduct all this fussy buyers right before our DPA course. Then the project was handled by other officers and after the restructuring thingy, it was unattended until these bunch of people came to picket.
The negotiation was OK until the buyer's president started to annoy us with all the blame and accusation.
While my ex-boss and I tried to listen and gave some solution for the possible meeting date, this ah beng with no respect kept on babbling nonsensely, so loud and so rude. 4 people raising up their voices in front of my boss and I was so tense . It was totally barbaric and uncivilised for these people shouting at us, as if we were doomed to be their servant forever. Please lar, we had our share of problems for other chronic cases, especially when the licensed house buyers are in the top priority for us to handle.
Since things getting out of hand, I had no choice but to scream and pointing my sore thumb to this fella,
" Hey u shut up. Listen to what my boss trying to say!"
Everybody was shocked to see my sudden reaction. Frankly, at that point of time I almost wanted to jump and punch this guy. Shanker already held my arm, and I could see my ex-boss white face.
My god, I created such a scene today. A hot-blooded sleep deprived lady officer was about to punch the first buyer in history.
Thinking that my impulse behaviour can jeopardise the kementerian image, I went to another place to cool down. Then I came to apologise caused it was too much for an officer to shout to the public. I regret over the incident as I could not tolerate rude people and failed to make these people see the actual point.
Well, I learnt something today.
If we are so kind to people who never want to listen, it is better to be cruel to be kind. It is better to kill the anjing tersepit rather to be bitten by these mad dogs. We should, in the first place, ignore these people, but since it was an order to entertain them, we had no choice but to obey!
While these people made such a bad investment by buying commercial lot situated in really really remote area of Bukit Beruntung and it was abandoned by the commercial developer (even if it is ready for rental purpose, nobody wanted to be there) do not blame Kementerian for your unwise decision!
It is like blaming the authority if you commit an accident and do not possess a valid driving license. Or blaming the Bursa Saham after you have lost the money after investing in bad stock/shares.
Maybe la kerana attitude tak bersyukur dan suka menyakitkan hati orang yang telah menolong separuh jalan, Tuhan tidak membantu kalian semua. Sebab itu, anda melalak macam anjing dan tidak ada yang peduli.
Sorry to tell you this, but I think I failed to become a good officer. In other word, I have failed everything. Maybe after this, I should just have some good vacation or take the anger management class.
Really bad day for me.....totally sucks!
Hey, my mom bought an apartment at Bukit Beruntung.. Yeah, not a good investment.. But okeylah, ada yg nak menyewa..
ReplyDeleteThese people tend to blame others for their loses in order to make them feel a bit better.. selfish lots I say for causing all the chaotic scenes..
Sabar Min.. Those people deserved to be shouted at.. But then, we represent the govt.. Nothing much we can do to express them our geramness..
Like my dad always says, govt officers need to read a lot so that we can bash the consumers (who thought we r their stupid servants) with facts and figures.. Only that, we can shut them up..
tetiba aku terfikir kan min, tengah diaorang marah-marah tuh, kau pun ikut marah-marah sekali boss kau sebab you also made a bad investment. sure boss kau blank gile.
ReplyDeleteaku teringat, masa nak beli tiket underground kat uk, dia ada tulis kat kaunter tuh, sesiapa yang cakap benda yang bukan2 atau being very rude to any of the staff, akan dikenakan tindakan undang2. hehehehe. aku rasa, kita patut buat macam tuh ah.
especially yang keje jadi frontliner nih.
sabar Min, mmg susah nak reason dgn anjing tersepit. in this case, u have to be the bigger person. but i think i would do the same la kan, mana tahan kalau nak cakap lembut jer.
ReplyDeleteRelax, have some Ribena with you-know-what ;)
yaya- very lucky of ur mum to get her apartment rented. yes, we, government servant can not do much, but to listen and help. I guess, the mentality of the public to think they are paying our wages so that they can treat us badly only happens when they are in trouble or begin to see the potential threat. Otherwise, when it comes to tax relief, rebate or incentive, they can say a lot of good things about the government. Ironic right?
ReplyDeletemala- yes, i believe imposing rules to fine those people without manners should be done. Even you can see it is all started at school (students beat each other, bullying the teachers etc).
I can say the number of hooligans are increasing each day, luckily our country does not promote Firearm/guns policy. More people can get killed lah!
hadi- shouting at people is not a good experience. High blood pressure, stress and most importantly, the image of civil servant will be at stake. Luckily the KUPA guy manage to snap a few picture just in case a police report lodged by these people.
Speaking of Ribena and its companion, when do u think we can see each other?