Raya Updates



As usual, nothing much accoplished during this festive break, but a short holiday might be a good reason to be away from the usual crowd. I went back to Penang, just to feel what it is like being in the old place as it is my favourite till now. So Fatiha and I made our journey towards north on 2nd raya, as previously I planned to raya with my uncle in Parit Buntar. Unfortunately, the plan has been changed.


We checked in Bayview Georgetown for 2 nights, seems a good deal for RM200++ a night plus breakfast cause it was the peak season with more people holidaying in town. I love my room cause it was facing the sea view with this E&O Hotel just across the road. I would like to recommend this hotel if you want more spacious room cause it is an old hotel with refurbishment done quite a few years ago. Compared to Cititel Penang, it is better. You can fit like 5-6 people one time. Bigger than my Kiara Hostel Room, of course.ehehhehe

What else we did in Penang? The usual stuff:
1. Lepak at Feringgi
2. Buy cheap DVDs at Feringgi and other imitation goods.
3. Padang Kota for Kerang Bakar and Sotong Bakar.
4. Visit friends.
5. Shopping. Again? Queensbay Mall to check out the outlet. Chowrasta for kain and jeruk.
6. Talking to Moon and Adik Farah, reminiscing the good old days.




We realised next year shall be our 10 years of our friendship where all those casual worker for Shang Penang (1999-2001) connected to each other in a very special way. Shariman should be the leader for our Reunion or should be known as Banquet Night. Ahaaha. I would smile remembering those moment cause we were a bunch of young people, coming from different background but we had fun working together in Banquet Department with our cool Managers. Yeah, the good old time of mamak session, pool and snooker, lepak lepak round island after very long tired banquet functions. If we had nothing to do, those boys and girls would lepak at my apartment, watching tv or sembang-sembang. Life back then was a breeze, with assignment and classes and we had plenty of time doing stuff which I think kids these days were different from us, cause they have to accomplish more things in their life. Another Banquet Night next year should be organised, though Shariman is busy with his profession as an SB, Moon and I will make sure he is doing something. I need to have that Night! ---->I called Shariman today, he said, nanti nanti la dulu baru dia nak plan. Sah boleh jadi pengerusi!


We left Penang for another event which Moon's Brother Engagement, in Kedah, driving for hours in the notorious PLUS highway jam @ 5km perhour to KL, wahh, nasib baik pengalaman whaler has thaught me the erti kesabaran meredah lautan ke Islands of Babes.


Overall, it was pleasant but tiring. Hope that Banquet Night will be a reality. I want to meet more friends:

1. Moon and Shariman
2. Farah Kecik & Haris
3. Farah Besaq
4. Abu and the boys (cannot remember the names, but the one who used to pow my ciggies)
5. Jamal, Mahmuda, Abang Fadzil and Encik Ahmad
6. Syam & Ina
7. Catherine and those cute chinese girls
8. Fuad ???
9. Nurul (hope no war between Fuad)
10. Ina Paprik, Nani and Diana (anak-anak mumi penang)
11. Zakiah, Suhaili and Aminah
12. Who else huh? Yeah, Zabri, the bar tender.
13. Those peeps yang memang rasa depa kenai nama nama kat atas ni. You are welcome!





Comments

Popular Posts