Rain, Rain Please GO Away


Argh, I hate rain these days. It's not because I get wet most of time, due to my riding to work or coming back, but it was something else. I do not mind my lappie bag drenched all the time which I have another space bag pack, or my Alain Delon shoes aka the court shoes (a must have for PTDs) will be full of water, or people out there gave me this sympathetic look upon seeing a poor lady which is me, riding like a mad woman, weaving in the traffic jam with broken plate number (yes, I just noticed that my Number 6 is now missing), it is all because of this trauma I had back in Bomba time.



Months ago, during our Bomba Module which the place was Kalumpang, we had this activity- Jalan Lasak, not really lar but almost a mental torture to most of us. We had to carry our backpack in our already heavy boots and during that time, my goodness, it was raining heavily, like there was no tomorrow. Best part, it came with all the lightning and the thunder and the trees practically appeared along the path we took to the camping site. Can you guys imagine how danger it was?
The worst part - we had to carry all the Bomba stuff (water hose, dispenser, nozzle, rope, etc) together with our goods. Since there was not many girls or guy could carry water hose individually (there were 10 hose, few platoon mates) , we had no choice but to choose the strongest and the fittest. Ahahhaa, unfortunately one of them was me. And I found myself crying along the way with the almost 10 kg water hose tied at my back, my backpack, my wet bomba suit, my heavy boot, in that heavy rain, walking for almost 5 km in the quest to complete the journey. Plus, the pain coming from my existing caesarean wound kept on poking my body. I even walked like nenek kebayan bongkok tiga due to the heavy baggage with my limbs shivering due to the cold, damp weather. As I had a lot of time staring at my boots, threading through the running water of the heavy downpour, I kept on thinking, "sampai macam ni seksaan, semata-mata nak lulus DPA? Azab, Ya Allah". Others may think that being PTD must be a privilege, but in reality, too many obstacles. Hehehhe, jiwang tahap karan, sedar-sedar aku masa tu dah meninggalkan rakan-rakan jauh ke belakang. Again, it was a metaphor - sometimes we have to walk alone or to fight alone in getting our goal achieved, due to indifferences or conflicts with colleagues, but then to survive in this journey, the person must trully believe his or her own ability. Not scared of darkness, is another one thing learnt in the process, meaning sometimes you might be lost, but with the faith within yourself, perhaps another right path or track will appear to guide you.

And that is why I do not mind getting all the water into my eyes, or drenched all over my body, cause it actually reminds me to the humble journey of Kalumpang. That is one of the best thing I ever had for a lesson - Life is Not that Easy, Appreciate It. So, though sometimes dragging myself to the work can be a hazardous task, with assortment of people behaviour in the office (which can drive me crazy, sometimes), I still think that it cannot be compared to my Bomba Experience.


Comments

Popular Posts