I got the OB spirit..........
The Gym HallYes! I am now officially an ex-Bounder!
It was a big opportunity for me to spend the entire two weeks in Lumut, considering that is the best time spending your "paid" vacation kayaking and other stuff in Outward Bound School, Lumut Perak with DPA mates.

The Pangkor View
Since it was good to be somewhere near to the sea, I took the opportunity to do my favourite thing which was swimming. It was tiring but what the heck, I enjoyed every moments.
The Activities
The Boat HouseApart from kayaking, the activites are rope course, rock climbing, solo and group camping, whaler expedition to the Island of Rumbia and final event would be Barbeque Dinner. What amazed me was the rules itself - No outside food, phones, ciggies, junk food stuff, money, IDs and it was for the sake of survival. Yeah, sounds weird but end of the day, we managed to live without those stuff..ehehhehehe except for paying the billslah!
The School Logo (OBS in Malay- Sekolah Bina Semangat)For those who have no idea what Outward Bound School is all about, basically it is a place for any organisation and companies to learn and enhance the team spirit among the people, so we were there learning to help each other in completing the expedition, and definitely I could see the true colours of my group or "watch" mates. Shafri, the instructor was cool, and he was selamba when it comes to execute any instructions.
Sea-view "chalets" for 20 people per houseWe were given a chance to stay in those "chalets" or wooden dorm, situated on those hills and I had to climb 150 staircase everyday to reach my Gunung Tahan Dorm. All sweats made me slimmer and fitter. Eheheheheh.
Brinchang Watch
Unfortunately, my watchmates consists of some people whom I reluctant to make friends with, based on previous experience in Bomba. The Hot Seat session which your watchmates commented on you, whether it was good or bad critics has actually help me to identify the true friends, and surprisingly those people whom I regard as "the good people" were actually made into the potential bitches and ass holes. It was like the reality program, Survivor, only without the cast out votes!
But then who am I to judge people though I felt betrayed over the incident, especially during the expedition. No point waking up at 4 a.m to cook for those lazy asses while shooing away the pigs of Rumbia (yes, there are tonnes of them berkeliaran mencari makanan) and that was it. Luckily my kayak mate, Siti able to defend me during the Hot Seat thingy as we were considered the Iron Ladies of the team.
The most memorable thing was my solo camp which I had to set up my own tent, fire place, cook and settled at one of the most haunted spot in the jungle. Prior to the events, stories of previous sidang who went for the modules has encountered stuff from the other side of the "world" , which put us in worries and a lot of precaution taken - reciting Kursi or Yassin, anything you can imagine. Hours before the dawn, I had good time mandi-mandi at the nearby waterfall, and it was good to be alone without those noise and toxic mates. I had time to write stuff for my DPA diary. I miss my kid.
At the end, I trully enjoyed my OBS course, minus the people. If there is another chance to do it again, yes I am ready for that, and hopefully the instructors will be the same people, especially Shafri. I am looking forward for white water rafting and kayak, if any extra money allow me to do so.
Comments
Post a Comment