A visit to the Past II

If I can change the past, definitely it was back 10 years ago... what a wishful thinking....
As we were busy checking on the developers, the good and the not so-so complying ones, I encountered something which reminded me back to my childhood time and it was a surprise reunion. One of the QS person, a tall lady with braces looked at me with a puzzled look and only in the second of the visit (due to the office was closed after 5pm, we could not get to the place) she was like looking at me again with the question in Kelantanese accent (it was good that I can converse back into the language),
"Dulu awok skoloh PC ko?"
Ergh.... macam mana leh kenal?
"Muko demolah. Mace dulu dulu lagey...."
Now I realised even if I am sixty years old, my ex-flame, fling, scandal or seangkatan dengannya will still recognise me with tongkat or wheel chair. What a shame, and that is so frightening! I need a major cosmetic surgery!
It was all started from the time when Lina and I were in the same primary school, being in the prefect board, the time when all of us were "murid harapan sekolah" ahahahaha, things coming out so smoothly and it was such a nice an ice breaking session. Previously I was a cold, unfriendly officer demanding this and that (the fact that I have to ensure these people run the business in a decent way, instead of cheating buyers) so meeting with Lina changed my perception towards the company itself, in other words, "old school networks helps"
Lina has grown into this stylish, tall lady (she was the school star for jumping event) and got a hubby who works for oil and gas company. Lina practically lives where I used to lived before (Taman Mesra, Pengkalan Chepa) and havent get her self a kid yet. I was a bit surprised to find that one of our school mates died in a car crash (the "jocks" group) and no alumni established for our school (compared to Datok Hashim, the rival musuh tradisi nearby school who even has a special group in Friendster).
Again, when two women meet, definitely there will be some gossiping in exchange due to 17 years of not seeing each other. How time flies and we found ourselves being somebodies with work, family and responsibilities. What a wonderful world!
The best part was, after we managed to have discussion with Lina and the team, they carried some goodies bags into our 4 wheel car as if we were visiting a friend's wedding. We found ourselves ladden with a lot of packs of dried Kelantanese delicacies, including famous serunding daging and kuih-kuih. hehehehehh, what a saver, I even had no time shopping for souvenirs. Bantai jer la. Janji I can spend time ronda-ronda in the comfy car.

Comments

Popular Posts