A visti to the past




For the past few days, Ms.M and I were getting ouselves busy with site visits and meetings with all sorts of people- PBTs, developers, SUK and Land office peeps, somewhere outside Federal State, which was quite a last minute arrangement. After checking ourselves into a rather new renovated or rebranded guesthouse, I knew that things shall be accordingly to our plan.

The first, lucky place for our smartpartnership with state goverment agencies for our bahagian is Kelantan, my hometown for couples of years. even when the time our plane landed on the ground, I could feel the excitement of showing my childhood places to Ms.M. Arghh, all the nostalgia came back as if I was being given another chance to experiece the old time again.

All i can say, we got quite a decent place to stay, SUK cars for us to roam thoroghout the jajahan takluk and people to entertain us for dinners and lunches. It was nice to receive a warm welcome from the Lembaga Perumahan. If I can do this thoroughout the year, It is OK. Only when it comes to the food, a lot of temptation to indulge is the thing that needs to be refrained. Hate to say that I am now gaining a few kilos. Who can say no to delicious Kelantanese sweet treats- puteri mandi, lompat tikam, akok or the rest of them which are being nicely displayed in those food stalls of Pasar Siti Khatijah? Furthermore, those nasi belauk, keropok lekor, nasi kerabu are available all the time, days and night and it is damn cheap.
Talking about the weather, luckily the hot days helps us to move around. Usually, there will be plenty of rains during November and December, but this time it is quite unusual to find that Kelantan has not been affected with flood. Even during my TOk Bali ronda-ronda, I was tempted to go to Pulau Perhentian which was a 45 minutes boat journey from Kuala Besut. ehehhehe, i still have mission to accomplish for my diving and snorkelling activities there but nevermind, work is work and leisure come after. If God permits......
What else? As tomorow will be the last day for our official uties, we have this plan of visiting Rantau Panjang and Pengkalan Kubor. Ms. M never been to Kelantan before so it is a good time to show her around, again we have this SUK 4 wheel as our mode of transportation. Places to visit - Sleeping Buddha, Kilang Batik, museums and some tourist spot.
to be continued......















Comments

  1. Anonymous15:05

    Emmm ..
    I guess, the internet realm is not that wide after all ...

    I believe Ms.M is Ms.Manjhu, rite ?
    The Indian girl.

    I believe you were the M41 from Kementerian Perumahan & Kerajaan Tempatan, accompanying the M52, En.Nik Khairul Azhar b. Abu Bakar and the gang. Yerp, I attended the afternoon meeting at the SUK on the 20th Nov 2007 between 1430 hrs and 1615 hrs. Discussing on the same stuff that we govt people often argue without real solution in the end, on govt red tapes, bureaucracy and sort.

    If I got the wrong person, then just forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eheheh, yerla tu, kalau dah betul sapa ni?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts