Sudah Kena

Sometimes people have to be careful when it comes saying things which might create irrational impression on others. This morning was no exception. As I burst out my amazement on the boss new hairdo (its all that bright yellow dye which reminds me to Ah Beng from Mechanic shop) he asked me the stuff.

“when you last day, ah?”
“ this coming Friday boss.”
“u know u havent come to one month for the tender”
“ Yup”
“ So in this case I have to remind Normah that you will have not receive any pay for December lor, since you need to tender it one month”
“Erggh...”

I knew from the moment he mentioned 'Normah' he was being inconsiderate and had nothing to do but to create unnecessary stuff like going to Low Yat just to buy ink refill. WTF??? Nobody from accounts, HR or admin contact me for my resignation as they aware on the situation. Nevermind, he soon find out. He kow kow kena by Normah when she will explain. Anyhow I already kowtim with the Account Manager on my future pay. hihhihiihihhiih


half hour later.

“So Jazmin, u still want to work on Saturday?”
“Yup, no problem”
“that means u get one day extra for December pay la” he grinned sheepishly, a sign of “embarassment”
“OKla, whatever”

He already kena, and let me explain.

Previously when I joined the company, Normah buzzed my extension when I asked him on my confirmation. It was aware that they would confirmed me after 6 month probation so I never give a damn until one day my salary increased. When I found out that it was when they confirmed me (clarified by Maggie verbally) that she was getting my letter ready, I did not ask for more. As long as they increased my pay that is all matters. Unlike some new colleagues who become hard-up when it comes to their confirmation letter, I never ask for thousand times cause they might change the resignation rules such as three months notice. So i kept quiet and forget it for almost 2 years. After 2 appraisal done and 2 times salary increase, I still forgot my letter and as the management is pretty sucks in keeping records (Maggie resigned and other people had trouble keeping up) so that was unquestionable why I did not get my confirmation letter. My previous boss Azri kept on having this appraisal thingy and I was glad he did not ask me much. Obviously this glitch gives me an advantage – I could tender my resignation at anytime within 24 hours notice but my salary increment, annual leave or bonus will adhere to the confirmed staff benefit. So in this case, I was saved by some forgotten black and white thingy, and glad Maggie was not here anymore.

So its all on Normah's explanation to my boss, Steve for my kind of case. They are already too late to issue anything (it was 2 and ½ years) and when they received my tender, they could not tahan me for one month. They could not backdate my confirmation letter as it was all against the labour law ( u need to confirm ur staff within probation period/extension or else ur worker can bring this case to the court which gonna cause you thousand of ringgit of re-inbursement). Ehehehhe. I have studied all stuff on Malaysian Labour Law. That is why when it comes to advantages, I definitely have no doubt to use it at my own liking. The only way to save money from this messy court case claim/compensation, is my voluntary dismissal from the company. Big Boss was smart even do I. The sidelines are clearly understood, and we tried to keep stuff simple and quiet. Until this boss of mine brought this matter up today.

So Mr.Steve got the moral of the story – appreciate your staff who willingly to stay temporarily though I could just quit early December. After all, know them well before simply say anything that make your staff to laugh back on your ignorance. Even compromising sometimes makes you to be a good person. No harm in giving my pay for my insufficient days for notice even if I had that letter. That will make you better than the rest of bosses I ever worked before. No kaypochi lor for next time, eh!

Comments

Popular Posts