The Root of the Problem
Recently, i got a call from mum, with the news of my other brother's quitting his syariah course for a diploma in Uitm. Definitelty it made her boiled up after "investing" some 3K plus on the study alone, but I do think my brother made the right decision. U see, when he does not see the point of taking up on something, then it is better to quit rather to be trapped in the situation. Take for example, my brother loves to play football, but my parents did not see the potential. He tours with the team all over Malaysia and definitely he loves doing it even he is flunking. A syariah officer will not have time to spend on futsal games, all i i can imagine he will be buried with cases, morning and night, trying to figure out why marriage in Islam families fails to live up the expectation of so called "perfect human law" , he even came from a dyfunctional family.
The problem started when mum did not have time to see his potential while busy working for clearing up Dad's bad debt. Too many time spent on finding the money and neglected our needs for moral support. I do feel lucky sometimes for having the best brain in the family which I could spent my time drawing and sketching, and my parents groomed me to be an architect for the future ( sounds ridiculous, but they bought me crayons, drawing block, send me to competitions though they were not there except when it came to prize giving ceremonies and the time to take me home) I did not give them troubles then . With the right mix of friends, kids will trully see their potential, which another one thing. But again, who am I to comment, mum did notice that my brothers mixed up with those kids who think studying is wasting their time, but failed to keep track on my brother's activities, so she feed up her guilty feelings by providing lots of cash to my brother for his unproductive activities just for the sake to keep him around and that was the biggest mistake.Money cant buy trust, hope and love. They need your attention.
I am not even a perfect mum, since sending my kid to my mum's house (to some people, they think that is a wrong thing to do) was the only way to make other things workable. I think the arrangement was the perfect one. Mum does no longer have to work since I am feeding the family partly, my sisters get mum's attention fully if they needs her and my kid definitely gets the best place to grow up ( imagine she lives with caring neighbours and befriending with the same age group, she can simply go out to see her friends without any supervision cause we live in a safe neighbourhood). So it takes a lot of commitment to make this arrangement to work, though people think that I am sometimes out of my mind. So next year will be a year for my turn to take care of the family since mum is flying to Brunei for the new lucractive job, and I will be quitting mine. At the moment, I am praying that my current part time thingy will be able to generate cash daily for me. I need a lot of time to see my siblings working hard towards their exams and fatiha will be spending her time in tadika. I am sacrifying my privilleges for that, wish me luck!
The problem started when mum did not have time to see his potential while busy working for clearing up Dad's bad debt. Too many time spent on finding the money and neglected our needs for moral support. I do feel lucky sometimes for having the best brain in the family which I could spent my time drawing and sketching, and my parents groomed me to be an architect for the future ( sounds ridiculous, but they bought me crayons, drawing block, send me to competitions though they were not there except when it came to prize giving ceremonies and the time to take me home) I did not give them troubles then . With the right mix of friends, kids will trully see their potential, which another one thing. But again, who am I to comment, mum did notice that my brothers mixed up with those kids who think studying is wasting their time, but failed to keep track on my brother's activities, so she feed up her guilty feelings by providing lots of cash to my brother for his unproductive activities just for the sake to keep him around and that was the biggest mistake.Money cant buy trust, hope and love. They need your attention.
I am not even a perfect mum, since sending my kid to my mum's house (to some people, they think that is a wrong thing to do) was the only way to make other things workable. I think the arrangement was the perfect one. Mum does no longer have to work since I am feeding the family partly, my sisters get mum's attention fully if they needs her and my kid definitely gets the best place to grow up ( imagine she lives with caring neighbours and befriending with the same age group, she can simply go out to see her friends without any supervision cause we live in a safe neighbourhood). So it takes a lot of commitment to make this arrangement to work, though people think that I am sometimes out of my mind. So next year will be a year for my turn to take care of the family since mum is flying to Brunei for the new lucractive job, and I will be quitting mine. At the moment, I am praying that my current part time thingy will be able to generate cash daily for me. I need a lot of time to see my siblings working hard towards their exams and fatiha will be spending her time in tadika. I am sacrifying my privilleges for that, wish me luck!
J-J, as for me I just simply give up on these family matters, after some times I feel happier without them in my life..i just could not understand why people like this choose to be parents when they actually dont bother about the children they gave birth into life..it's like you condemn your children to live in agony and misery the whole life and you feel SOO GREAT because you ARE the PARENT..
ReplyDelete