The interview
The interview went a bit haywire where I was really annoyed with the comment thrown by the interviewers. First, they asked me whether my current salary is enough to accommodate me and I jokingly said that it wasn’t as I had commitment for the family and they kena me back with statement, “awak sepatutnya bersyukur kerana awak dah bekerja, macam bukan orang lain yang masih mengganggur.” Hmm, whatever they said, perhaps they didn’t read the latest survey or saja saja buat tak tau. Recently, it was such an opener for the latest finding on the minimum wage for KL people, which was exactly RM1500. Below that number means you are under poverty. It was just a figure, anyway.
The next question, of course, “why you want to work with government as you already…bla bla?”
“To come out from my comfort zone…bla bla bla.. And it was followed by, which department I want to go to if I am chosen, and some international issues which I think too outdated, but overall, they were testing your patience to the limit.
Last but really shocking, was on PLKN issue where my answer perhaps did not satisfy them, and with selamba they commented that the thing is wasting our government money and the only people who benefited the project were the contractors. Again, it sounded such a cliché to me when they said “kita sebagai pegawai kerajaan lah yang sepatutnya menjana income Negara dan mengurangkan perbelanjaan perbendaraan and yet at the same time, these people menghabiskan duit taxpayer money with unnecessary outstation trips and claims. To blame on other people who run intangible project such as instilling patriotism among the youth was just a lame excuse for saying, “My stay at Resort X or Y is far more important than paying the contractors for the basic roof job.” They perhaps forget that these poor Gred A, B , C Bumi contractors or the subcontractors have to wait like 30, 60 or 90 days or even more for the payment while the officers can have theirs by monthly basis. Ironically, they are living on the taxpayer’s money.
I didn’t have much hope to pass this level as my mind already tired with facts and figures. To listen to these interviewers blabbering on how I should be grateful, these and that on Ramadhan morning was not the thing I expected. It was such a big failure.
The next question, of course, “why you want to work with government as you already…bla bla?”
“To come out from my comfort zone…bla bla bla.. And it was followed by, which department I want to go to if I am chosen, and some international issues which I think too outdated, but overall, they were testing your patience to the limit.
Last but really shocking, was on PLKN issue where my answer perhaps did not satisfy them, and with selamba they commented that the thing is wasting our government money and the only people who benefited the project were the contractors. Again, it sounded such a cliché to me when they said “kita sebagai pegawai kerajaan lah yang sepatutnya menjana income Negara dan mengurangkan perbelanjaan perbendaraan and yet at the same time, these people menghabiskan duit taxpayer money with unnecessary outstation trips and claims. To blame on other people who run intangible project such as instilling patriotism among the youth was just a lame excuse for saying, “My stay at Resort X or Y is far more important than paying the contractors for the basic roof job.” They perhaps forget that these poor Gred A, B , C Bumi contractors or the subcontractors have to wait like 30, 60 or 90 days or even more for the payment while the officers can have theirs by monthly basis. Ironically, they are living on the taxpayer’s money.
I didn’t have much hope to pass this level as my mind already tired with facts and figures. To listen to these interviewers blabbering on how I should be grateful, these and that on Ramadhan morning was not the thing I expected. It was such a big failure.
...well,I admit it Jay...certain govt officers memg camtu.especially those yg since the very beginning memg keje ngan govt..donno,different mindset gamaknyer.apa2 pun,wishing you Best of Luck!Ganbatte!!!
ReplyDeleteyes Zan, I forget to mention some credit for your generous effort in finding the interview place in the very last minute (once an absent-minded, always be the absent-minded). Sorry for making u to go online at 3 am. Have a blasting raya and happy working again! Thank you
ReplyDelete