My High School Reunion

What a night! I guess being the last minute attendee was not such a good idea. Luckily, my shopping spree went so great for the fact that I got a pink-fuchsia wedge at Nose for only RM10! We had Pedicure and Manicure, bought the walkie talkie set wanted by Azah at Low Yatt and we went back to get ready.
Since my housemate Eija attending a wedding dinner that nite at KLCC, we exactly behaved like those contestants in American Next Top Models, where everyone ran frantically for shower, makeup ( and tones of makeup) dressing up and we arrived exactly at 8.15 pm.
The first thing I noticed our banquet hall was a bit narrower, but to cater small number of girls, it would be just a perfect setting for the event. The first people I saw were definitely those committee girls (hug and side kisses) at the entrance and once we had found the perfect seat (I sat next to Azah and Put) we started talking to other people. We had Ijan, Awin, Elisa, Nita (all 5S girls) and besides us, we had Gab, Rini and other people. SO I met a few girls and exchanged bits of our after-college stories.
Azlinawati lives at Phase 5 Hillpark, next to my own area, Lin Azwa said that her colleague, Amin (our Hard Rock CafĂ© mate) informed her on my “divorce” previously, Aman almost sob on detailing her break-up with Nik Lokman (family friend), and Anis MazwIn’s hubby was not the guy I saw at Gurney Plaza a few years back. So some people had move on in their relationships and surprisingly there was a table reserved for hubbies and darlings. What a yummylicious view Ahahahhah.
So when Aman and Adee (the Emcees) announcing the latecomers for that night (ouch it reminded me when I used to be one of the them), we started the event with doa ceremony and the first thing was to take photos all of us. The first slide show was so interesting. Photos came out with sephia effect at the end, and the music clip which happened to be a Carpenter’s added a nostalgic feeling that college life back then was something so pure and so KLMJ ( Kenangan Lama Mengusik Jiwa). Too bad that I did not send any old picture of mine, luckily the CD in the goodies bag enable me to view it all over again.
A lot of catching up done at the buffet line which slowed us to have our food. I noticed that despite how freaky or weird I was to some of these people those days, surprisingly the girls greeted me first (perhaps they have forgotten those stuff) ahahhaha. Jaja works in United Nation, Abby is a doctor in Slayang, Meng asked me whether I attending my PTD assessment and Nelly still looked as she was out from the college (fresh and her skin is marvelous). Nurra confessed that she was looking for some solution for her love & marriage stuff in KL which Nelly making remark “dulu muda muda dah start horny, sekarang ni dah habis horny. Tu la” we had great time laughing, it was exactly what we had at Yellow House Lounge those days.
Some girls put down on weight, it was so obvious that Nenn reduced her size to S, and the girls I met (Dekda, Puyoh and the rest perhaps traded their secret to each) as they looked so slim. Unfortunately, it was a big question to Azah and I, as we wonder what happened to their boobs? Theirs do not exist all (everyone were flat-chested), as if these people may go for a nip and tuck, perhaps? Ahahahaha.
The most memorable event was everyone sang their house song. Yellow house members tried our best to recall the lines. As we were struggling for Trivia Quiz thrown by Dekda, I felt a bit funny when I helped with the answer for Nurra on the highest and lowest ranking for starters (pet sis thingy). It was Super Duper Toeng and Kodok. It was ironic that I can still recall the ranking though I only had one Pet Sis throughout the college years that dumped me by a note sketching a diminishing loop ended with a dot.
Anyhow, I won some soap and Lip balm from The Bodyshop, courtesy from Betty Abu. We were in Third Place.
I went back, satisfied to see the girls that night. Earlier on, I predicted that I might have a rough time with these girls but it turned out to be a great moment. Time factor perhaps limit us to bitch, I guess. All I can say, we are grown ups, so, adult we should be in the first place. Hope that there will be more meeting in the future, a family day, something like that. Despite of what happened 10 years back, I guess after-college life has taught us to be more compassionate to other people around and we can make ourselves into a big pool of sisterhood. What a dream!
Comments
Post a Comment