A visit from a friend
I got a call from Azah, a long lost school friend as she was having a three-day course in KL, so we spent a lot of time as she has the authority to spend her work, as she likes. So it was a lot of catching up for 10-year-old-what-happened-to-me stories with me carrying again my luggage to her hotel room.
Co-incidentally, Azah worked in Scicom but left before I joined the company so basically it was the same who’s who we shared together; eventually it made our gossiping juicier. Since our upcoming high school reunion is just around the corner, we made this assumption that people may look and treat us differently compared to the past 10 years. Back then, those people, put us at the very bottom position of the hierarchy or simply out from the social ring, as we were quite an eccentric group of people – Max, Renn, Azah, Khadizan and me, but what the heck, it is proven that their earlier thought were just a false prediction. Other words, to Azah’s cynical remark, “people who thought us becoming pemungut sampah in the future”. Enough said.
So a phone call from this committee member to Azah on comfirming her attendance to this gathering proved that these people were actually still making remarks on us, perhaps it was not as bad as it may seems to be, but deep down in our heart, it was such a big sweet revenge or shall I say, “Revenge of The Nerds”. Even now, Azah seems more expressive in her words compared to the last day I saw her in college, which she always bottling all the pain of people making snide remark and accusing her day-dreaming habit (which I think that was a rare genius trait). I only saw her cried once, when we lepaking together at this abandoned class, it was too much for her to take and to us too. Luckily, the pain healed within the time, as she even outshines her talent and her social circle from this nasty pretentious wanna-be who shared the same uni with her. Other things, I am so amazed how she persists to finish her studies, as our parents could not afford to send us money back then (her father passed away). It seems that we shared the same after-school history.
Guess what happened to the five of us now? Zan is a system programmer in a government department, Renn is a secondary teacher, Max is furthering her Master and Azah is a respected Goverment officer for district level. What about me? I guess I am still a bummer ehehheheh .At least "Pemungut Sampah" title is not within our profession range.
Co-incidentally, Azah worked in Scicom but left before I joined the company so basically it was the same who’s who we shared together; eventually it made our gossiping juicier. Since our upcoming high school reunion is just around the corner, we made this assumption that people may look and treat us differently compared to the past 10 years. Back then, those people, put us at the very bottom position of the hierarchy or simply out from the social ring, as we were quite an eccentric group of people – Max, Renn, Azah, Khadizan and me, but what the heck, it is proven that their earlier thought were just a false prediction. Other words, to Azah’s cynical remark, “people who thought us becoming pemungut sampah in the future”. Enough said.
So a phone call from this committee member to Azah on comfirming her attendance to this gathering proved that these people were actually still making remarks on us, perhaps it was not as bad as it may seems to be, but deep down in our heart, it was such a big sweet revenge or shall I say, “Revenge of The Nerds”. Even now, Azah seems more expressive in her words compared to the last day I saw her in college, which she always bottling all the pain of people making snide remark and accusing her day-dreaming habit (which I think that was a rare genius trait). I only saw her cried once, when we lepaking together at this abandoned class, it was too much for her to take and to us too. Luckily, the pain healed within the time, as she even outshines her talent and her social circle from this nasty pretentious wanna-be who shared the same uni with her. Other things, I am so amazed how she persists to finish her studies, as our parents could not afford to send us money back then (her father passed away). It seems that we shared the same after-school history.
Guess what happened to the five of us now? Zan is a system programmer in a government department, Renn is a secondary teacher, Max is furthering her Master and Azah is a respected Goverment officer for district level. What about me? I guess I am still a bummer ehehheheh .At least "Pemungut Sampah" title is not within our profession range.
Yeah, u r rite. Sometimes those "famous and influential" people has helped us a bit especially dealing with office politic play these days. So I am really grateful for the "experience" ahahahah
ReplyDeleteall i can say, we are prepared for any outcome (bad or good ones). Well I am not able to retrieve of the incident on "aku marah ko sebab ko marah aku tengok ko kemas lemari" perhaps masa tu we were in FOrm One, the very confuse stage that time. All I can remember about you those days was "perempuan cantik yang selamba jer" ahahahhaha
Yeah, u r rite. Sometimes those "famous and influential" people has helped us a bit especially dealing with office politic play these days. So I am really grateful for the "experience" ahahahah
ReplyDeleteall i can say, we are prepared for any outcome (bad or good ones). Well I am not able to retrieve of the incident on "aku marah ko sebab ko marah aku tengok ko kemas lemari" perhaps masa tu we were in FOrm One, the very confuse stage that time. All I can remember about you those days was "perempuan cantik yang selamba jer" ahahahhaha