The Blast from the Past
The assessment to me was like mini gatherings between my schoolmates, my matriculation batch and USM. Even in the first day during registration, someone called my name, and we found ourselves hugging each other. The first person was Rahayu, the band mate who is a year younger and we took this kursus Pengantar Pengajian Islam back in uni days which I flunked terribly and she helped me by reminding my assignment. Even during band practice, this cheeky girl always on her toes giving us that gula gula tenaga. Ironically, she is my facilitator for this problem solving session which means she is my senior if I manage to make it to the next stage, hehehehe. The reunion also brought us together to meet another USM fella who used to collaborate with her for this competition which was Haris, the guy used to go for kayaking in Pantai Bersih with me previously and some Harapan Adventure Team activities. SO we spent time talking on people that we knew back then. What a blast!
The best part of this so-called mini gathering was, Julaina’s ex-BF, Johan was in my debate team. It was such amazement to see a person who used to be a sulky mummy boy who loved to rattle nonsense finally becomes a matured, gentleman. Knowing that we used to go Pesta Pulau Pinang together couples of times in 1997 and with the break-up, we haven’t talking to each other ever since. Somehow, the cynical old Johan remains, his declaration of nobody business to find out about the colour of the opponent’s panty (since we were debating rights and freedom of journalism over individual privacy) added more comic relief to the already heated debate and we were exactly became like the MPs with CT-Datok K and KJ-Maya issue being mentioned and highlighted for several times. Overall, the panel was satisfied with the performance.
Eager to inform Ayu on Mosse’s wedding that fell the second day of assessment; I asked her when will be her time. She proudly displayed that small white diamond ring on that finger, quoting “10th Dec”. I congratulate her as I will not be around for the wedding, and upon listening to her question when will be my time, hesitantly I said, I already have a 4 year old kid. She seemed so surprise. Hahahhahahahah
So, I had a great time going for the assessment. People thought me as an English teacher; which I most likely to give my opinion only during English session. Anyway, it gave some room for others during BM version as some of them have tried couples of time to score during this test. Two girls walked out after completing half of the classes. It was such a big waste.
Any guy? Hell no way. Most already married, some have teenage sons or daughters. So I kept their numbers as we exchanged them for JUST IN CASE situations. Overall, I think this trip is a worth moment to cherish as it was such an eye opener thing for me; to be able to meet your old acquaintances and learnt about the transformation. It was refreshing.
The best part of this so-called mini gathering was, Julaina’s ex-BF, Johan was in my debate team. It was such amazement to see a person who used to be a sulky mummy boy who loved to rattle nonsense finally becomes a matured, gentleman. Knowing that we used to go Pesta Pulau Pinang together couples of times in 1997 and with the break-up, we haven’t talking to each other ever since. Somehow, the cynical old Johan remains, his declaration of nobody business to find out about the colour of the opponent’s panty (since we were debating rights and freedom of journalism over individual privacy) added more comic relief to the already heated debate and we were exactly became like the MPs with CT-Datok K and KJ-Maya issue being mentioned and highlighted for several times. Overall, the panel was satisfied with the performance.
Eager to inform Ayu on Mosse’s wedding that fell the second day of assessment; I asked her when will be her time. She proudly displayed that small white diamond ring on that finger, quoting “10th Dec”. I congratulate her as I will not be around for the wedding, and upon listening to her question when will be my time, hesitantly I said, I already have a 4 year old kid. She seemed so surprise. Hahahhahahahah
So, I had a great time going for the assessment. People thought me as an English teacher; which I most likely to give my opinion only during English session. Anyway, it gave some room for others during BM version as some of them have tried couples of time to score during this test. Two girls walked out after completing half of the classes. It was such a big waste.
Any guy? Hell no way. Most already married, some have teenage sons or daughters. So I kept their numbers as we exchanged them for JUST IN CASE situations. Overall, I think this trip is a worth moment to cherish as it was such an eye opener thing for me; to be able to meet your old acquaintances and learnt about the transformation. It was refreshing.
nak kontek no. Ayu Je jugak JJ..tak sangka dah jadi PTD dia yer...hehehehe..
ReplyDeleteehehehe, kerana terlalu busy miggling around, tak sempat amik contact no ayu. Really sorry Anyway, she is based at Intan KIARA, will try to ask Azah to korek the phone number later since these officers ada persatuan PTD kan... Take care
ReplyDelete