The Update
Nothing extraordinary happened throughout the week. Some plan need to be changed, and hopefully the rest will follow accordingly to what I expected. Earlier, my Redang mate complained that he was stung by jelly fish which finally he rested at Putrajaya Hospital for almost a week. I did feel a bit guilty for not calling him earlier, as my intention of being together with him during the trip was just merely for snorkeling partner, but my nemesis thought that I was fooling around. What the heck, I am being grateful for not having any health complication.
I have to cancel my plan to Penang but to Kemaman instead for my PTD assessment which will fall on Fatiha’s birthday. Since this is the first time I sat for the paper, getting through this stage is quite overwhelming but hoping to get to next level seems so impossible.
My Dating Log
Remember when I said I would go out with men? Making dates seems so much easier than I thought before and where to get the prospect? It will be full of surprises - chat rooms, offices and anyone you can see on the street, but definitely it takes two to make a meeting happens. To make things easier, I have set up profiles based on their career, jobs and some tips perhaps will be useful for those who want a safe and speed dating like what I am doing now.
Abone, an architect from Kota Damansara
I met this guy, from chat room after like 6 months we knew each other (his job keeps him busy day and night), so we definitely knew each other’s story and that will definitely saves a lot of time. It happened that this guy has a lot of friends in my apartment area so it wouldn’t be that obvious he lepak at Pantai that day to see me (he waved at people more than mine). Took couples of hours just to talk on a lot of things. we shared the same childhood stuff as our fathers were army officers, so basically he did understand on my nomadic behavior, and he reminds me a lot of Norman, which basically I guess he is a softie at heart but a survivor like me.
What we talked about? Since his job is more towards construction which involved the developers that I work with, we compared & shared some property buying tips- what to do and don’t’s, the trend in the field and he seemed to be genuinely interested to inform me that all the layout that you would see in those housing ads is bigger than the real ones. Moving on, we talked about technology stuff and the upcoming trend, telecommunication, and military where I admitted to him that I would enroll myself into Marine or National Security if my PTD is a successful one.
What we have in common? Since both of us are horoscope fanatic which we analyze people behavior based on their birthdates, my interpretation of his past life (which was two years ago) almost hit the real spot. Other things, he is a serious book reader, more to philosophy and theology, while mine is towards strategy (art of war, sun tzu) and some tips for people who want to meet this kind of people, read a lot. You will never expect that these people are like fish swimming in the deep water, they seem to know more if you can elaborate a subject which sometimes may brings you to a unforgettable debate.
Oh-my-he-was- so impressed-with-me moment When I told him that my boss is the one who wants to bring in jammer to this country, anyhow he knows what is the stuff (which I did not have to elaborate more), the Taliban strategy in communicating with their counterparts (which I currently practicing now) and what makes our tentera darat possess the best practice in guerilla tactics world widely. He wanted me to keep him abreast on the latest VOIP-based handphone models as he is using SKYPE.
Down-Points His ex is one of the TV3 newscasters, which definitely someone that score in that look department will probably won his heart. And he is looking forward to Abu Dhabi for a job posting, definitely he makes a good traveling mate when needed.
The verdict? He makes a good pal for a coffee get together.
Kamarul, Accountant cum Auditor from Gombak
I met him during those office hours as he came for audit process at my place. SO a lunch date will be the best thing as both of us are really busy people.
What we talked about? He is one people in a millions that I have ever met. A young guy that invested a lot in shares and stock market and he cautiously keep every penny movement which we have in common – The Edge (the financial update). Moving on, we talked on auditing scene in Malaysia, who makes money more than we do, and what is our financial strategy if both of our companies bungkus. I admitted to him that my reason to know every company transaction is merely for my strategy on sustainability. He laughed at the point saying how paranoid I was, but he said that is a good point to ponder if you want to make to next move.
What we have in common? Definitely it is all about the share market, banking stuff – unit trust, loan repayments, tips to cut down cost and some family background thingy. He advised me for some share tips, which will make the next wave, the trend and what makes our share price to plunge terribly. Whoa, I hate to admit that he is good in what he is doing now yet he was humble about everything. He made 600% gain on this lot of a new lauched shares. Other thing, we are both renovating our places so definitely we compared the cost department.
Oh-my-he-was- so impressed-with-me moment “wow, you pun tau stock market movement yer? The words came unexpectedly which made me to say, “ yeah, I dah lama study before my company goes for IPO, infact I dah qatam technical analysis part, cause spekulasi is just a spekulasi.”
Down-Points He has plan with someone for settling down, which his apartment will soon to be a nesting ground.
The verdict? A good person to refer for stock buying as he possesses some true insider’s info on some companies performances (he did the audit part anyway). Definitely a trustworthy person as I was trying to dig whose clients he was involved with “ You tak sign NDA kan?”, but politely he said it was against his business ethics. Wow!
Coming next? My encounter with N, a petronas engineer and Muzhar, a banking officer.
I have to cancel my plan to Penang but to Kemaman instead for my PTD assessment which will fall on Fatiha’s birthday. Since this is the first time I sat for the paper, getting through this stage is quite overwhelming but hoping to get to next level seems so impossible.
My Dating Log
Remember when I said I would go out with men? Making dates seems so much easier than I thought before and where to get the prospect? It will be full of surprises - chat rooms, offices and anyone you can see on the street, but definitely it takes two to make a meeting happens. To make things easier, I have set up profiles based on their career, jobs and some tips perhaps will be useful for those who want a safe and speed dating like what I am doing now.
Abone, an architect from Kota Damansara
I met this guy, from chat room after like 6 months we knew each other (his job keeps him busy day and night), so we definitely knew each other’s story and that will definitely saves a lot of time. It happened that this guy has a lot of friends in my apartment area so it wouldn’t be that obvious he lepak at Pantai that day to see me (he waved at people more than mine). Took couples of hours just to talk on a lot of things. we shared the same childhood stuff as our fathers were army officers, so basically he did understand on my nomadic behavior, and he reminds me a lot of Norman, which basically I guess he is a softie at heart but a survivor like me.
What we talked about? Since his job is more towards construction which involved the developers that I work with, we compared & shared some property buying tips- what to do and don’t’s, the trend in the field and he seemed to be genuinely interested to inform me that all the layout that you would see in those housing ads is bigger than the real ones. Moving on, we talked about technology stuff and the upcoming trend, telecommunication, and military where I admitted to him that I would enroll myself into Marine or National Security if my PTD is a successful one.
What we have in common? Since both of us are horoscope fanatic which we analyze people behavior based on their birthdates, my interpretation of his past life (which was two years ago) almost hit the real spot. Other things, he is a serious book reader, more to philosophy and theology, while mine is towards strategy (art of war, sun tzu) and some tips for people who want to meet this kind of people, read a lot. You will never expect that these people are like fish swimming in the deep water, they seem to know more if you can elaborate a subject which sometimes may brings you to a unforgettable debate.
Oh-my-he-was- so impressed-with-me moment When I told him that my boss is the one who wants to bring in jammer to this country, anyhow he knows what is the stuff (which I did not have to elaborate more), the Taliban strategy in communicating with their counterparts (which I currently practicing now) and what makes our tentera darat possess the best practice in guerilla tactics world widely. He wanted me to keep him abreast on the latest VOIP-based handphone models as he is using SKYPE.
Down-Points His ex is one of the TV3 newscasters, which definitely someone that score in that look department will probably won his heart. And he is looking forward to Abu Dhabi for a job posting, definitely he makes a good traveling mate when needed.
The verdict? He makes a good pal for a coffee get together.
Kamarul, Accountant cum Auditor from Gombak
I met him during those office hours as he came for audit process at my place. SO a lunch date will be the best thing as both of us are really busy people.
What we talked about? He is one people in a millions that I have ever met. A young guy that invested a lot in shares and stock market and he cautiously keep every penny movement which we have in common – The Edge (the financial update). Moving on, we talked on auditing scene in Malaysia, who makes money more than we do, and what is our financial strategy if both of our companies bungkus. I admitted to him that my reason to know every company transaction is merely for my strategy on sustainability. He laughed at the point saying how paranoid I was, but he said that is a good point to ponder if you want to make to next move.
What we have in common? Definitely it is all about the share market, banking stuff – unit trust, loan repayments, tips to cut down cost and some family background thingy. He advised me for some share tips, which will make the next wave, the trend and what makes our share price to plunge terribly. Whoa, I hate to admit that he is good in what he is doing now yet he was humble about everything. He made 600% gain on this lot of a new lauched shares. Other thing, we are both renovating our places so definitely we compared the cost department.
Oh-my-he-was- so impressed-with-me moment “wow, you pun tau stock market movement yer? The words came unexpectedly which made me to say, “ yeah, I dah lama study before my company goes for IPO, infact I dah qatam technical analysis part, cause spekulasi is just a spekulasi.”
Down-Points He has plan with someone for settling down, which his apartment will soon to be a nesting ground.
The verdict? A good person to refer for stock buying as he possesses some true insider’s info on some companies performances (he did the audit part anyway). Definitely a trustworthy person as I was trying to dig whose clients he was involved with “ You tak sign NDA kan?”, but politely he said it was against his business ethics. Wow!
Coming next? My encounter with N, a petronas engineer and Muzhar, a banking officer.
Assalammualaikum Jay.
ReplyDeleteTahniah sebab lepas exam dan dipanggil ke assessment centre.
Masa assessment tu nanti, penilai akan tengok dari segi semangat kerjasama, leadership dan kepetahan bertutur di dalam bahasa dan juga BI. Mungkin kena bersukan juga... :)
K zz syorkan Jay cari artikel yang sesuai untuk buat pengucapan awam dan public speaking ( utk 5 minit) dan praktis dari sekarang .
Good luck!
p/s: dalam PTD, kita takde berpeluang untuk memilih kat mana penempatan kita. Semuanya JPA yang tentukan dan bila dah sampai organisasi yang ditempatkan, semuanya bergantung pula kepada HR kat situ.
Bidang PTD selalunya pentadbiran, kewangan dan sumber manusia.
Sebab tu la k zz dulu kena buat bajet walaupun ada ijazah komunikasi. huhu
-zaza
Dear Zaza,
ReplyDeletethanks for the advice, i am really touched with the lengthy description on the process of getting through the next level especially on the public speaking part. Cuak rasanya, tapi tu lar, seems everyone put hopes on me to get this, doakan lah ek. by the way, can i get back ur contact number? Thanks a lot!