To my brother...
The day has finally arrived. My brother will have a court trial in Kuantan today, and I am nervous to death. Back in few years ago, he was on his way to home after a buka puasa and in that raining night, a reckless young man hit him. As the consequences, he was hospitalized for almost a year, and he lost his leg, something which we could not accept as he was a great football player.
I have seen the pain and misery in his eyes. His life totally changed, from a cheeky fun loving young boy to angry confused man. He only not lost his confidence, but friends who were not around much when he needed all the moral support. He was totally screwed up, and he vented all the rage to us, but we tried our best to understand the situation by giving all that he ever wanted. Nevertheless, he is still an angry man.
I was not very close to him as we were not brought up together as I was being sent to boarding school and he was out most of the time, having those good times. Since kids, we were like cats and dogs, fighting and kept calling names, and I did really hate him once. But the incident taught him another lesson, that blood still thicker than water, as he changed into someone matured and tolerable. He finally respects me. No more name calling.
I just realized that the beauty of the story begun when my daughter Fatiha was around when he needed all the moral support and the laughter. He sees me through my daughter’s eyes, another side of me which he never could find when he was a normal, physically fit person. Something that I could not show him back in those years as we were both hot tempered kids.They shared something which beyond my knowledge.
When mum and I had this big row, I isolated myself for a couple of months. I did feel really empty. Friends came and went to nowhere until one day, he turned up at my shabby flat. We talked and I just found out, that he loves Fatiha very much and he was crying before he left us. He was on his way to continue his studies after a year pending. It was such unexpected event. And for the first time, I did feel so much relief after such a long time.It was not because he let his ego to go down but He finally accepted me the way I am.
And today, I am praying that he will be fine throughout the session. Sadly, I could not be with him now in Kuantan as I need to look after the younger ones in Rawang. After waiting for almost like 4 years, I could not accompany him which I hope he will understand the situation. Hopefully everything is OK there.
We are not asking all the compensation that he needs to cover the expenses of his life later but a justice for those people who never have a second thought of drink and drive attitude. To those who still think it is cool to binge and speed a long the way,please think again. It is totally not cool, its cruel, to ruin other people life by showing your coolness the way that happened to my brother. It is a crime.
I have seen the pain and misery in his eyes. His life totally changed, from a cheeky fun loving young boy to angry confused man. He only not lost his confidence, but friends who were not around much when he needed all the moral support. He was totally screwed up, and he vented all the rage to us, but we tried our best to understand the situation by giving all that he ever wanted. Nevertheless, he is still an angry man.
I was not very close to him as we were not brought up together as I was being sent to boarding school and he was out most of the time, having those good times. Since kids, we were like cats and dogs, fighting and kept calling names, and I did really hate him once. But the incident taught him another lesson, that blood still thicker than water, as he changed into someone matured and tolerable. He finally respects me. No more name calling.
I just realized that the beauty of the story begun when my daughter Fatiha was around when he needed all the moral support and the laughter. He sees me through my daughter’s eyes, another side of me which he never could find when he was a normal, physically fit person. Something that I could not show him back in those years as we were both hot tempered kids.They shared something which beyond my knowledge.
When mum and I had this big row, I isolated myself for a couple of months. I did feel really empty. Friends came and went to nowhere until one day, he turned up at my shabby flat. We talked and I just found out, that he loves Fatiha very much and he was crying before he left us. He was on his way to continue his studies after a year pending. It was such unexpected event. And for the first time, I did feel so much relief after such a long time.It was not because he let his ego to go down but He finally accepted me the way I am.
And today, I am praying that he will be fine throughout the session. Sadly, I could not be with him now in Kuantan as I need to look after the younger ones in Rawang. After waiting for almost like 4 years, I could not accompany him which I hope he will understand the situation. Hopefully everything is OK there.
We are not asking all the compensation that he needs to cover the expenses of his life later but a justice for those people who never have a second thought of drink and drive attitude. To those who still think it is cool to binge and speed a long the way,please think again. It is totally not cool, its cruel, to ruin other people life by showing your coolness the way that happened to my brother. It is a crime.
Comments
Post a Comment