Pulau Redang

First Day, 14th July 2006

The great afternoon arrival

What can I say more? Sand, sea and breeze make a good place to fantasize. The trip came in the middle of chaos, which I think could make a great temporary escape and it was true. We boarded on 7.30 flight from KLIA to Kuala Terengganu and the jetty transfer to the island was around 45 minutes. As soon as the boat landed, we were awed with the light turquoise color water and the white sandy beach. It was heaven, and heaven makes people forget about their problems. Even on the first day, after the lunch break, I equipped myself with all the apparel for my first snorkeling experience. I could not wait any longer though my swimming skill was already rusty, and the risk of being swiped by the waves to nowhere was not holding me at all.




Amazingly, I could swim as normal, and as the sea level goes down deeper, it was indescribable. The coral and numerous species of fish swimming in groups was a breathtaking view. It was like being a tiny human being in your normal aquarium, only it was my size bigger than the rest of the entire living species. I could believe myself to explore such unknown world on my own which is 15 feet deeper. It was something magical. I ended back to the shore when it was time for dinner.


Evening

Unfortunately, we were supposed to have this excursion to the beach for the Blue Sand sight seeing when the rain poured heavily. The phenomenon of tiny coral segments emitting striking blue color during nighttime would not to be missed as the trip would be carried forward to the next day. So my groups ended up with playing card in my room (a must during company trip) which I lost quite a number and won for the final round. It seemed my first day was tiring me to death. We dozed off earlier with hope of having more blast for the rest of the day.


Second Day, 15th July

Taman Laut Pulau Redang



The excursion brought me to click with Z when he swam to me in that 20 feet deep sea. Though I had to politely refuse his invitation during previous encounter (the beautiful room chapter), I had to rely on him as he claimed himself a PADI certified diver. Somehow I did feel that spending time with him was another great unexpected event which he showed me techniques for diving, and he patiently coached me how to swim like a pro.


For this time, my encounter with more species of coral that comes in colorful array and hundred of fish that feed from my hands added many smiles to my face as it was heaven. It lasted for a few hours and we went back with a plan of visiting this place again in the future.

Afternoon

Not to be so attached with the sea creatures, I kayaking with Z, had banana boat riding with my colleagues. Z even persuaded me to go back feeding the fish somewhere near our resort, which I could not resist, so we spent the rest of evening in the sea again. I drank too much sea water, had fun laughing when he choked, and the rest was history.


Evening

The lively night scene where the beach bar was bustling with music put more holiday spirit where we had fun with all mix of people and the beach boys were really friendly. It reminded me those days in Ferringgi where the clubbing atmosphere heated the cold windy night and it was a great experience of getting to know other travelers too. Since it was post-World Cup, we found ourselves sambaing with those people. Coincidentally, I met the boat people again and drink and dance with them. Befriending with the local was a bonus point. I had great time knowing these people and exploring every aspect of their daily job which I had 15 minutes of being the boat captain. Eeryone was in shock as I drove my colleague to the resort's jetty from Taman Laut but that was awesome!

Since Z and I became acquainted to each other so well, we spent the rest of the night strolling the beach, did more talking and ended ourselves in the pool till the early morning


Third Day, 16th July

It was the day for us to go home, but we did have this island hopping thingy which Alin and I stood nervously at the boat’s deck, imagining that the island belongs to us. We were hesitant to leave the place as it brought us wonderful memories but life must goes on where the reality of awaiting work load put us back on our feet again. The last hours spent at Kuala Terengganu for shopping spree time where we stopped at Losong and Pasar Payang.

Comments

Popular Posts