The Predicament
It was a great moment, as my effort to complete the documentation was paid off after seeing everything compiled into a thick manual. I could not believe myself of being able to go through a difficult process of understanding the software structure as there are many new detailed features embedded into it, yet the time spent to understand the whole thing with minimal guidance from the software programmer is too little compared to what we did for the previous version. And it was quirkier than the last time, when our programmers had these ideas of putting any possible options into the software, as a way to satisfy those over hype customer’s requests. Though I have to admit I was a bit hesitant in the first place, it was those people’s presence from R&D, production and the administration department that helped me to go thru this madness. No people wanted to do manual documentation with a time constraint, but for my case, I had to, and even now my cynical streak triggered the feelings of somebody who will be too keen to give his or her ungrateful comments on my work later. Well, I will just have to wait and see.
The predicted cautious thought began to surface when I had this chat with Usun, where the other person who was requesting my other manual previously, had made another request of converting the thing into a Word format. I was like startled at first, as there was no comment or remark upon receiving it thru the email but I guess, being feeble-minded as usual, the person was trying to get under my skin again, possibly by circling another remarks soon, not straight to my face but to other people of the gang, as what had happened in the previous time. Sadly, it helped to damage my reputation in the office and every silly things I said which not to be taken seriously by other colleagues (like I did suggested Salman once of bringing back our supposedly bought laptop to his house in case he wanted to test the broadband’s connectivity) backfired us when the purchase request was cancelled immediately. Needless to say, we knew who the culprit was.
If there is a Malay saying, perhaps any famous movie punch line, P.Ramlee’s Ibu Mertuaku dialogue of “kenapalah Tuhan menjadikan kau sebagai manusia, lebih engkau menjadi seekor binatang” will be fit to describe of how vicious the person was to me.
The predicted cautious thought began to surface when I had this chat with Usun, where the other person who was requesting my other manual previously, had made another request of converting the thing into a Word format. I was like startled at first, as there was no comment or remark upon receiving it thru the email but I guess, being feeble-minded as usual, the person was trying to get under my skin again, possibly by circling another remarks soon, not straight to my face but to other people of the gang, as what had happened in the previous time. Sadly, it helped to damage my reputation in the office and every silly things I said which not to be taken seriously by other colleagues (like I did suggested Salman once of bringing back our supposedly bought laptop to his house in case he wanted to test the broadband’s connectivity) backfired us when the purchase request was cancelled immediately. Needless to say, we knew who the culprit was.
If there is a Malay saying, perhaps any famous movie punch line, P.Ramlee’s Ibu Mertuaku dialogue of “kenapalah Tuhan menjadikan kau sebagai manusia, lebih engkau menjadi seekor binatang” will be fit to describe of how vicious the person was to me.
Comments
Post a Comment