Hurt...

I had been in a sea of turmoil, with mixed feelings of anger, betrayal and sad with what happened recently. The news of mum’s new boyfriend and her plan to get married soon really made me in tears for couples of days. It is not because I am being selfish. It was this someone who just wants to have a free ride, after all the hard labor years of getting our wrecking family life back into the track. Suddenly mum was getting excited and forgot of what we anak beranak had gone through. It was indeed her selfish me-thing again.
It also made me think of self sacrifice, true love and those things. What really love is all about? Its not when you find yourself into the dreamland, reminiscing the good things of getting yourself mushy with sentiment. True love grows and it is tested and proven by years, with sacrifices and selflessness. You don’t simply expect people to pay attention to you when this person had to juggle her or his responsibilities with limited capabilities. It is to see some burden being lifted off from somebody’s shoulder and try to make her or him happy in many ways
If this guy was aware of what happened back in 10 years ago when we went to emotional and financial hardship, he would not made my mum to call him every late night, back in few years ago. Ironically, my unpaid Telekom bill was the proof of how so irresponsible the guy was. And until today, none brought up the issue of who's going to pay until the subject of marriage came out. Again, I was being in puzzles, why only when mum has got her car, her job and her dream house, the guy proposed? Is some fishy stuff going to happen? I only prayed that Mum will realize that it is not the right time to get married again. Some unsettled issues need to be resolved before she would getting herself in troubles again. I will not let that to happen. And I will do something.

Comments

Popular Posts