Hello World Cup!

What is better than watching 22 sexy men from every nation running frantically for a ball on a field where million of colourful spectators cheering for them? It must be the World Cup!
One of the best events of my life will definitely be this game and throughout years, it brings new things in my life!

World Cup 1994, USA – It was the time when my buddies, Mosse, Ome, Tess and me creeping quietly to the TV room back when I was in TKC. Our Light OFF time definitely forbids us to do that! We curi-curi watched the major games after doing our Kajian Sejarah Tempatan, the PMR scrap book. At one night, we were caught red handed but managed to kow tim with the kakak prefect, otherwise we would be found guilty in our so-called trial during Sunday House Meeting! Even during the class time, this gurl brought a mini TV and we managed to catch a game or two at the back of our classroom. Luckily I managed to score PMR with flying colours!

Tearful Event – Watching Italy versus Brazil for the final match. It was so sad that I cried over the scored penalty goal. So with my darling Maldini.

World Cup 1998, France
– The world cup watching legacy had to be continued, so it was the time when me and my best friend Moon would stay up just to catch with games. Unfortunately our loud “GOL!” scream definitely disturbed the peaceful hostel room of Harapan USM. Not many girls love doing that. We ended up with bleary eyes for the morning classes. So, apart from my programming assignments, I was occupied doing my world cup scrap book.

Tearful Event - Italy did not make to the final as they lost to Serbia.

World Cup 2002, Korea and Japan – I was heavily pregnant and my man was not the type who watches football. It was me and some of his forgettable friends who chatted like crazy people at Mamak over the loud Big Screen and I did not even to catch up every major games. Until today, I am really regretted of not persuading him to watch the games with me. I was too tired anyway. Anyway, I managed to catch up the recaps from Astro lately.


World Cup 2006, Germany –The old and legendary heroes are gone and new players with superb skills are replacing these people. Maldini is no longer one of team, so I am looking forward to see Owen for England Team, Ballack for Germany and other favourite player would be Zidane, which this would be his last world cup definitely.

Best thing for this Cup! – I managed to get a FIFA 100 book from Moon. Thanks! And with my old and new heroes on my bed now, I managed to dream every single day and night. These people have shown great spirit of winning yet managed to walk with pride over a defeat. Somehow I do regain some strength over what happened to me recently. The young me is here to stay, and this time me and my best buddy Moon will be watching the matches with the comfort of our home’s telly.

Looking forward event – Final Match at KLCC, maybe?

Comments

  1. KLCC?? good idea....
    mark ur calendar k..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts