The beautiful Room

Mixing business and pleasure can be a lethal combination in many ways. I was about to start everything fresh for my manual documentation when suddenly my mind paralyzed early in that Tuesday morning. Previously we had some fun at Hard Rock during the previous weekend and it took like two days OFF to gain back all the stamina. All I can say, the dim light, the loud music, the drink influence, the fast moving people boogieing all night long is a stark contrast to my office environment. It is a dead-end, like your school lab – monotonous, boring and you could not keep your butt down fro any longer. It feels like dying.

So I kept trying to have this fast pace music in my head – from Shakira’s Hip Don’t Lie, Beyonce’s, Black Eyes Peas version of samba, any numbers that you can find in that places but it was no avail. And the fluorescent bright light on my head made me to find a place for some peaceful retreat which definitely to be Zamri’s room. What can I say more - he has this superb office with cushy interior and low down lights. At least it reminds me to an empty hotel room. I was eager to sink myself onto his plush sofa and grab the remote for a football repeat. And luckily, he was there smiling, offering himself to massage my back. What a relief!

And I do like this man for his low and husky voice, comforting and sensuous; we were having deep discussion most of the time in that room, about anything on the daily life, our kids but nothing to kinky stuff. The gaze, the way he folded his arm and his body leaned against the wooden panel is a pretty sight to see. The time seemed to freeze and I long for this moment to be forever. Funnily, it was no physical contact involved and it was like in those Judith McNaught’s novel where I found myself chuckling whenever the things he said popped up in my mind, no matter where I was – in the commuter train, on my bed or during those TV commercial.

Yes, it sounded pretty crazy to be in that kind of situation. I doubt myself too, in getting into this kind of pursuit of temporary happiness but it somehow help to prolong my sanity of dealing with the idiocracies of my current working environment.

Somewhere I sense that this man needs me more than a listening partner. Yeah, I hate to play this game. It makes good people to be really bad people after all. All those wonderful thoughts suddenly being crushed by a single ugly reality of finding yourself morally and spiritually corrupted. Yeah, I hate that kind of moment. Well at least, i need him in the way I want him to be for now, comforting me without him taking advantage on me in any ways. I wonder for how long it takes for me to resist the temptation of the offerings he made to me for these past few days. All depends on my common sense. Again, I am quite sure of getting myself in control; I need to be in control to manipulate this game!

Comments

Popular Posts