Transformed....
I watched my little girl 's behaviour with too much delight, and amazed that she has changed into somebody else.
We were at this Carrefour, for back-to-school shopping spree, and as usual , I would definitely pick up some new set of colour pencils and drawing block for her. Unfortunately, she was not keen to do the selection, instead, she diverted her full attention to the toy department.
Sensing troubles where this girl really knows how to pick up expensive items (she fights for Connecto over a Mat Kool or picks Ribena Mobile Pack rather Yeo's Soya Bean) I sprinted down the lane to save her from those toxic looking thrash-it-later toys ( I am little bit picky for this kind of purchase), but it was no avail. She picked up a pink box with a doll in it and threw it into our shopping cart. All I could do is to look at her , and she smiled.
While mak already bising (making noise) at me for spoiling my little brat with a RM49.99 Barbie Doll, and despite myself having less cash these days, I would not mind having her to pick up something out her norm and broaden her horizon. When she was a little baby, she would scream loudly and cried upon seeing any form of dolls. SHe has changed this time, for sure.
She spent hours, combing and tying the doll's hair, pretending that she was running a beauty shop. SHe was occupied with her makeup and dressing up antics and those little conversation with her doll did amaze me. This definitely not coming from my bone or gene pool where I was a filthy junkie with cut and bruises. Luckily , the box came with a kitchen set, which add more things to do with your dolls. So I become a part of the shop visitor, or spent my time pretending that we have lunch,tea or breakfast session. That was how I spent my last weekend.
I do not really encourage gender-based role playing for a child's play as it might affect Nurul's thinking about how should a woman be, but seeing her nurturing side has done great relief to me. I hope she grows into a fine girl with big dreams and now I am still wonder what will come next? Only time will tell.....
Comments
Post a Comment