Budget Day
It has been a blast for the me. I dealt with some work, friend and family issues. Sometimes thing wont work according to the plan, so whenever things screw up, I would try to correct things with my own way. As long as it would benefit to others, I will just try.
My brother's quiting from his first job really upset my mum. The one who is being pampered, the one who doesnt work or at least be independent to support his studies and most importantly the one who will receive mum's EPF money (if mum die) has made me to be so furious. There was some important family issues that needs to be settled with his little effort, but he messed up everything. Coaxing him to get back his resignation letter was really tiring. He never consulted us for getting a new job, while he supposed to wait patiently for another 3 months is the only thing he should do. Am I the only one who supposed to sacrifice everything for the family while others just taken a free ride to get all the benefit? No way.
Being the eldest definitely has its pro and cons, but of course, every one knows how it feels being the oldest in the family. Everyone expect you to be a role model - being able to score those exams with flying colours, able to get your first degree/master, get a high paying job, get married, etc. At end of the day, if you achieve those, you will tend to compare with other siblings of yours. And looking back, I am glad that mum did put a high expectation on me, she never complaint except for the stuborn part which is genetically inherited from her :) While I am supposed to spend quality time with mum, I have to spare my ears listening to her "bebelan" on the brothers's behaviours. And that is why I seldom come back to Rawang. I am a mother myself, there are 20 years to come for getting headache on Fatiha 's behaviour in my life later.
Enough of family stories. Though life is getting hectic with problems, there is some surprise out there. The management decides to raise our salary. It did really boosted our morale. And the best part is we will be going to Langkawi for annual company trip on this November, followed with bonus or Ang Pow for Chinese New Year :)
My brother's quiting from his first job really upset my mum. The one who is being pampered, the one who doesnt work or at least be independent to support his studies and most importantly the one who will receive mum's EPF money (if mum die) has made me to be so furious. There was some important family issues that needs to be settled with his little effort, but he messed up everything. Coaxing him to get back his resignation letter was really tiring. He never consulted us for getting a new job, while he supposed to wait patiently for another 3 months is the only thing he should do. Am I the only one who supposed to sacrifice everything for the family while others just taken a free ride to get all the benefit? No way.
Being the eldest definitely has its pro and cons, but of course, every one knows how it feels being the oldest in the family. Everyone expect you to be a role model - being able to score those exams with flying colours, able to get your first degree/master, get a high paying job, get married, etc. At end of the day, if you achieve those, you will tend to compare with other siblings of yours. And looking back, I am glad that mum did put a high expectation on me, she never complaint except for the stuborn part which is genetically inherited from her :) While I am supposed to spend quality time with mum, I have to spare my ears listening to her "bebelan" on the brothers's behaviours. And that is why I seldom come back to Rawang. I am a mother myself, there are 20 years to come for getting headache on Fatiha 's behaviour in my life later.
Enough of family stories. Though life is getting hectic with problems, there is some surprise out there. The management decides to raise our salary. It did really boosted our morale. And the best part is we will be going to Langkawi for annual company trip on this November, followed with bonus or Ang Pow for Chinese New Year :)
Comments
Post a Comment