Worthwhile

The best way to solve matters is by asking. I have made some calls to people and did not expect to get the best deal and thankfully, it did not affect my huge ego at all.

It was quite tough coz I was too occupied with the notion that people who ask for help is the weakest person. At some point, you are too tired with the things that happen around you and wish that you can get rid of them. Sometimes, your effort alone is not enough; you need other people’s hand to rectify the problems.

And the best way is to ask for help which surprisingly, people will offer their generosity without any expectation. It happened since two weeks ago, and life could not been better if no effort of calling out for help.

Approached someone for share’s purchase. Since the company is going for IPO, why not taking the opportunity to cash-out the entitled fringe benefit?

Called the bank officer to ask for the lowest settlement amount for the credit card. I was equipped with the sobbing story of a single mother’s life that earns so little and needs to look after a kid with so little child support money. Who knows I might get the best deal? Yes indeed, they agreed to give a discount of RM2500. I was relieved, since the profit from selling the share still can cover the debt. Without any hesitation, I paid the amount and needed make another call to that gentle officer.

Called the guy again. Asked him to fax the settlement letter, since I need to use it for “other” purpose. Faxed coming in, call again for one more important thing, which was to check my name from the defaulter’s list. Luckily he did the favor; again I was relieved since my name was in the list only for the credit card thingy. I need to contact another friend for some help.

Didn’t manage to contact the person as she was working for an outbound call centre. Luckily she was online, buzzed her YM and inform on the status. Since she wanted to help me by introducing a friend whose mother is a bank manager, the prospect of getting the loan is quite bright, so again we chatted and she asked me to complete the form which I had to go to the bank and obtain it. At later stage, the form will be submitted to whomever going to process it and we just wait for the result. Never expect that applying for a loan will be in such a simple way.
The loan was meant for mum's home financing as she was not able to make a full settlement for the house, so I need to use whatever channel available for getting some cold cash, of 30 grand. I have to make some calls – to my CEO and the Accounts. And it has to be done in another week. Something bad happened in the office, so I don’t want to find myself in a situation where the big boss barking at me for no reason. Till the next episode……..

Comments

Popular Posts