High School Reunion...

I added myself as one of the tkc9296 yahoo group's members. It was hillarious and fun seeing friends getting married , have kids thru their photo pages. Seems to me, it was sort like an accomplishment for them after leaving the alma mater and the uni-days. And everyone was proud showing off the offsprings and hubby too - 2nd Generation of Batch92-96.
And the best part is when they are planning for the reunion. Wondering where are my close friends for those days- Put, Max, Azah, Renn, Leng, Ila, Timeed, Hasnita the genius and mostly remembered friend , GABAN. Last news from her through Zan, she was furthering studies at LSE (London School of Economics), one of the prestigious business schools besides Harvard . Big achievement for the gal since she was telling me all the way on her ambition during those days ....
I have to admit that I am mixing into the wrong "clique" this time - most the girls who joined the Yahoo Group were the popular ones - prefect, headgirls, sport champions , the prim and proper and people with lotsa money. Only yesterday Khadizan texted me that they regards our geng as "unusual" all this while (it was 10 years ago) , hmmm i was still wondering whether I was that "unusual".
Thinking back, I was one of those girls who lepak at library, most of the time, with Put, the head librarian reading latest, untouched mags from the vendor before any monsters had the chance to grab for nothing . I wrote sci-fi articles that time, debating some of the nerve-wrecking facts of Stephen Hawking 's articles or Michael Crichton 's and the content of the National Geographics. It was good then, since the biggest achievement for me was to get top 5 ranking for national level in sci-fi essay. Enough of angkat bakul. I just realised that I was a "weird" kid back then. LOL
Nothing much talking with Zan yesterday, we were sharing our stories of my deceased-desk mate, Haiza. :( Surprisingly, she knew nothing about it until I told her that Haiza died of liver failure. We reminisced our moment with the used-to-be-so-happy-lucky girl who loved KFC ( I used to buy her the dinner plate during my daily illegal outing to Seremban town). So much for the memory. It still "embedded" deeper in my mind.
Since the meeting for reunion's committee falls two days after Fatiha's birthday, I made myself unavailable. And Zan also have no interest to attend that Damansara's meeting which I think too far for her too. Still Googling for my gang's info at this hour! Go Reunion!

Comments

Popular Posts