Bad Parenting

Mum called to reprimand me again on the bad smoking habit. It was the last call, and I was sentenced to give up my kid for a proper, decent family enviroment for her upbringing in the coming years.
I sat down and start to think. I was not that bad. I did not bring men back to the house. I only lit up my ciggies and chill out with my kid at the living room, watching TV. No alcohol or what so ever. What other bad examples that I have shown her?
Call me a slacker mum, messy house with unwashed dishes in the sink, but it will be for a day. I still do my laundry, cook dinner and mop the floor. I let my daughter to run freely at the shopping malls, pavement or park with me, running franctically like a mad woman. I was following the examples of how my own mother managing the entire house when I was still a small child. It is funny when you are trying to be like your mother and your mum still nags at you for not able to do this and that, for being lousy, for being too loose, etcetera, etcetera.
Yeah, the realization of my only kid doing stuff like pergi mengaji, mounting house chores, massaging my mother ever tired legs was on my mind. She needs her actually, for those lonely old years. So I asked mum why she is begging for Nurul?
"she is the best daughter around, with common sense, and not like you."
It was painful to listen that, but I am glad that my daughter will be someone lovable by the entire family and I know that mum would feel better if she manage to re-correct the mistakes that she ever done to me.

Comments

Popular Posts