Work, Family and Friends - which is more important?

My view of life has changed from time to time. If you can be in my shoes, I think i had fare better from year to year.
Work - I managed to find what i need most for a working environment - 9 to five hours and other attributes such as, love what i am doing now, which is working and learning new things at the same time. My workplace is like one of those high tech campus, lotsa trees, its like being in Uni. So far, I think work is the most important thing in my life. It contributes most of knowledge and what can i gain from that? Dollar and cents, even for the upcoming years.
Family - My relationship with other family members is not really improving as i do not live with them anymore and I hardly keep in touch. It is them who call me for SOS help, or just to pass the info of any significant event like someone is getting married, gathering stuff and so on. The only family member who is really close with me now is my daughter. She is my companion, my housemate and best friend. She is becoming like her father, always amuses me and made me laugh. It means that i do not need a man to make me happy. The best part is we can always share makeup. She is my first priorty - time, effort and money spent . For those who watch Gilmore Girls, we are having that kinda relationship, so dont get me wrong then.
Friends - The ones who keeps my sanity to stay on. I only have a few friends for years. It wont be more than five person. I have two close female companion for all girl outing, a male friend who is a married guy for those time when i need a man for other purpose, ;) , a gay guy friend to exchanging gossips among them all and that is all i have. Long-lost friends (uni, and ex-colleagues) will be contactable if i need them for advices, discounted items or free meal (whoa, so cheapskate). I hardly keep in touch with friends nowadays. It is not that because i am getting myself as a selfish freak, it is just because I am re-evaluating myself whether am i really important to my friends or they only pity me. The answer? It depends on the time. You will see the answer later, in this blog, on my encounters.

Comments

Popular Posts