Small Wonders
There was some moments that i begin to cherish for the coming years. Some minor thing which may not be significant to other, but it did taught me a lot, of being honest and sincere, and being able to tell people how you really feel. It makes things easier and I begin to appreciate these qualities nowadays. It makes people to become closer with each other.
There is a tree, just beside the small store at my apartment area where i love being there with Fatiha. We will buy ice-cream, sweets or chocolate and spend our sunday afternoon collecting biji saga under the tree. It reminded me alot when i was small, where i was being brought up in those army camps - lots of trees and space to roam freely. Spending the breezy and quiet afternoon under the tree is like going back to your happy childhood, and the best part you are giving something which hard to find nowadays to your next of kin. I am not sure whether the pokok saga will be exisiting in coming 50 years, so we should treasure on whatever that exists now .
The excitement of collecting biji saga was obvious on Fatiha's face. She will scream happily if she can manage to find a bunch of fallen "saga" husk and begins to put them in her plastic bag. Then we will sit under another three, on this bench after our bountiful "harvest". We start to separate the biji saga from the husk. The best part is when we will start to count on how many biji saga collected that day, and the one who do the counting definitely will be me.
Collecting and keeping those red colour seed is now my daughter's hobby, where there is a special cup reserved to keep those seed for her. She guarded the seed very well.
One day, when i was busy, she started to pour down the cup and the seed spilling onto our living's room floor. I was trying to get her attention since her eyes were fixed to her "treasure", so i started to ask her a few questions.
" OK Tiha, beli kat mana biji saga ni?"
" Pokok"
I was amazed to hear that answer. Fatiha is a late- talking toddler. Basically she will just mumbles any nonsense words to anyone who gives her questions.
"Berapa ringgit tiha bagi?"
"tak bagi duit pun"
Again, that was an honest word which made me chuckled. It is true that kids dont lie. I was hoping that she will stay that way, until her teen and adult years. It depends on me to keep and maintain the "circle of trust".
Surprisingly, the girl started to count the seed, i became speechless.
"satu, dua, tiga, empat, lima....." Her little fingers busily picking each seed from the pool and arranged them into a simple line of saga row.
Her pronouncation was very clear, i started to wonder who taught her to count as I never even bother to do that. I was too busy with the daunting housekeeping chores.
From that day itself, I began to see that the child begin to express herself clearly. Life becomes simpler when she is able to communicate effectively. No more clueless mum trying to figure what that little girl wants. She just being herself. I am happy with her stage at the moment. Hopefully, there is ongoing progress for her developing years.
Other lesson that I just learnt - It does not have to be those pricey "fisher-price" or what ever branded toys to teach a kid some basic knowledge and wisdom. It is the ability to observe and absorp on what ever happens around, in a good environment.
Fatiha is as sweet, as smart and as intelligent as the mother..
ReplyDeleteHugs